Chapter 3

A few days later Emma, Billie, Mike and Tre are in the doctor's office waiting for the doctor so they can go over the decisions for the baby. The doctor walks into his office. "Hello I've been going over your baby's case the last few days and this is what I've come up with, the Spina Bifida can be fixed with sugary closing the gap in the spine and fixing the bump. And as for the rest we will just have to wait and see unless you decide to terminate the pregnancy for the heath of your baby. The survival rate for babies with Spina Bifida can be about 41 to 56 years. Babies with Autism it's about 39 years. And babies with Down Syndrome it's about 60 years and you have to look out for Heart and lung diseases as you already know Mr. Armstrong. But there is a chance your baby could beat the odds and a chance not. We don't yet." Emma starts up, "just save my baby" and she walks out. Billie looks at the doctor. "Do what's needed to help my granddaughter and keep my daughter healthy please." Billie signs the paper then Billie, Mike and Tre walk out to go find Emma who's sitting on a bench outside. Billie looks at Emma. "Sweety want you want is in writing and I had to sign it. Emma just buries herself in Billie." 

Later that day they are home and Emma is laying on the couch looking at a book of baby names as Billie is sitting in his chair with his acoustic guitar working on a song. "Molly, Olivia, Faith, Sarah, Lucy, Emily, Rose, Elle, Adeline, Alice, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Cooper, Sabbath, Lennon, Starlet, Zeppelin, Love, Zoey, Chloe, Violet, Penelope, Lily, Stella, Grace, Savannah, Samantha, Katherine, Ruth. Picking names is hard." Tre is walking by, "I like the name Tre", Tre rubs Emma's belly. "I can't name baby Tre that's your name silly." "You seem very relaxed Emma." "I am Uncle Mike." Billie is still working out the song he's been working on. "FUCK!" Billie gets up putting his guitar down heading for the front door. Emma sees the stress on his face and starts to worry again but this time for her dad as he walks out the door. "Uncle Tre daddy is stressed and I know it's not about the song it's about me and the baby. I know it because Uncle Mike has the same look." "Emma the heath and well being of you and the baby is what we are thinking about right now. Don't stress leave that to us sweety."

Billie is out on yet another walk again. He takes out his phone and calls Abby and she answers after a few rings. "Hay Billie what's up?" "Can we meet up I really need to talk to someone I'm a mess." "Sure how about the park." "Sounds good I'm walking there now, see you there."

Billie gets to the park and sits on the ground under a tree to wait for Abby who shows up about 20 minutes later. "Sorry I took so long to get here Billie." Billie still looks stressed. "I'm scared my granddaughter isn't going to be able to function at all. And I'm worried what that's gonna do to my Emma y'know. But I need to hold things together for Emma. We have a very sick baby on the way and it's up to me to care for that baby and my daughter." "Billie your not alone in this you have me, Mike and Tre and I know Emma will try her best too. I love you." Abby just looks at Billie. "I love you too Billie." "I know you all will make the best of all this." Billie kisses Abby on the lips.