Chapter 5

It's two weeks later and Green Day are in New York City with Emma to do some warm up gigs before the tour. It's very cold and dark out and they are walking around Time Square but Emma is having a hard time keeping up. Tre looks around and notices Emma isn't near. "Billie when did four become three?" Tre looks worried. "What do you mean Tre?" "Where's Emma?" "SHIT! This was a bad fucking idea. I'm a shit dad." Billie texts Emma, where are you? He looks panicked as he waits for her replay.  Emma replies back with coming up behind you. "We are so sorry Emma" Billie says. Tre looks at an exhausted Emma. "Want a piggyback ride?" Tre asks knowing it's not possible in Emma's condition. "Please just ignore my husband Emma we all know he's crazy" Mike says. "I know it's ok" Emma giggles. Billie looks at Emma. "We should just get to the hotel Emma looks exhausted." They get to the hotel with there bags and check in. "Ok here we are Emma." Everyone walks into the room. "This is a nice suite" Tre jumps on one of the beds. "You can say this suit is sweeeet" Billie says. Emma giggles "nerd." So Emma you take my bed and I'll take the couch" Billie says. Emma curls up on the bed and goes to sleep as the guys go back out and continue to walk around Time Square. "I'm worried about Emma she's more tired and bigger then I was when I pregnant with her." "Billie Emma is fine her body is different then yours" Mike says. Billie looks at Mike and Tre who are holding hands. "Maybe I'm just being the overprotective dad." Billie, Mike and Tre check out some places as they are walking around the city. Billie calls Abby and she picks up. "Hay Billie how's New York?" "Fine." "And Emma?" "She's exhausted we wore her out walking around Times Square tonight so she's back in the hotel sleeping." "I miss you, stay safe I love you." "I love you too Abby."

The next night Green Day has there warm up gig at Irving Plaza in Union Square in Manhattan New York. Billie, Mike and Tre are setting up with the crew while Emma is backstage. Emma ends up walking out to the stage. "Daddy?" "Yes sweetheart?" "What time is the show?" "7:00, are you ok Emma?" "I'm good but baby just restless." "Just relax she'll be fine," Bellies smiles at his pregnant daughter. Emma is wearing a black stretchy skirt, a black t shirt with one of Billie's red ties and black chuck taylors with her hair down. Emma walks around the venue and some fans coming to the show spots Emma. "Look it's Emma Armstrong Billie Joe's daughter! she's so pretty" the young teenage girl shouts. Everyone notices Emma and she hurries off. 

Later it's time for the show to start and Emma isn't back yet and Billie looks worried. "Billie I'm sure she's in the building and fine" Mike says. Billie grabs his guitar. "I swear that kid" Billie sighs. Billie, Mike and Tre go out onstage to start the show. They played American Idiot, Look Ma, No Brains!, The American Dream Is Killing Me, Dilemma, One Eyed Bastard, Bobby Sox, 1981, Burnout, Longview, Welcome To Paradise, She, Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Letterbomb, Minority, 2000 Light Years Away, One Of My Lies, Stuart And the Ave., Christie Road, Brain Stew, St. Jimmy, Warning, Revolution Radio, Basket Case, Homecoming and Whatsername. Emma is watching from backstage rockin' out knowing all the words to all the songs. Mike looks over and sees Emma standing in the wings of the stage rockin' out and singing and he smiles at her. Mike moves next to Billie in the middle of Look Ma, No Brains! and whispers in his ear "I just saw Emma side stage" Billie smiles. 

After the show is over Billie, Mike and Tre come backstage to Emma. "Baby girl I love you" Billie hugs Emma. "Love you too daddy, great show." Billie feels his granddaughter kicking as he hugs Emma. "Someone is awake" Billie rubs Emma's belly. "She's been like this all night she's crazy like Uncle Tre" Emma giggles. "We have a photoshoot back in Oakland next week" Mike mentions. "I may be a little late Emma has a baby appointment that morning" Billie says. "PIZZA!?" Tre shouts. "YES!" Emma shouts. "Well we have three people who are hungry" Mike giggles at his husband and niece. Billie also giggles at his daughter and best friend too. "We all know Emma eats around the clock so lets go" Billie is still giggling. They go for pizza and there are a bunch of fans in the restaurant. They see Billie, Mike, Tre and Emma. Emma looks a bit nervous as some teenage girls come walking over to there table. "Hello" Billie says to the two teenage girls. "I'm Mary and this is my sister Stacy and we are huge Green Day fans." "Great show tonight" Stacy says. "Thank you girls" Tre says.