Chapter 15: The final offensive

Every step made the ground vibrate.

Every step damaged the buildings

Every step cracked the streets.

And a roar echoed throughout the city

As Bowser walked to the outskirts of the city, he left a wake of destruction behind him. His enormous form barely fitted between the buildings causing damage when he hit them with his arm and tail. Concrete slaps and glass fell to the street below and the citizens tried desperately to get away from the footsteps of their lord. He towered between the buildings and his roar was heard all over.

The enemy quickly got him in his sights and a group of robots that had made it through the barrier were heading towards him and shooting their beams. They struck his sides, but he was not impressed. As the robots got closer, Bowser breathed in and out came a wall of fire. The fire lid up the sky. Some of the robots were to slow and exploded crashing down towards the city. The other robots kept swarming around like flies and bowser quickly slammed the remaining robots down to the ground

The tiny robots were no match for him and he quickly resumed his way to the barrier. When he reached the outskirts of town he could see the enemy ships waiting for him behind the barrier. Hundreds of robots were swarming around and canons were aimed. He stood still and waited. More ships came in from the other parts of the city. The enemy was focussing its entire forces on him. Bowser let out the biggest roar yet and more windows around him shattered.

The canons of the ships started to glow and the robots stopped swarming and hang in the air waiting for an attack. Bowser ducked into his shell and seconds later he started to spin. He spined faster and fast and created a hole in the ground. Suddenly he spined forward on his side toward the airships. Unprepared for this kind of attack dozens of robots got hit by the spinning bowser and exploded. The airships quickly fired their weapons but none managed to hit the speeding Bowser. When he reached the first airship he jumped up and hit the ship with his spiked shell. The ship was penetrated by the spikes and caught on fire. Robots fled the burning ship as it crashed down towards the ground.

The robots reformed a line and started firing on Bowser. The beams hit his shell, but were bounced in all directions. Some of the beams even manged to bounce and hit the airships. Again, Bowser turned towards the nearest airship and jumped up just as he came under it. The airship had no chance to get away and was crushed by the force of bowser. it fired its last blast against bowser and he made a loud groan.

Bowser landed back on the ground and stopped his spin. A big black streak where the beam had hit him was seen on his shell. He got out of his shell and stood back up. Bowser roared loudly as the red beams struck his body. The explosions seemed tiny by comparison of his current size, but the amount of explosions almost covered him completely. He breathed out a line of fire hitting dozens of robots. The robots dodged the fire and swarmed around. Bowser was clawing around hitting a couple of robots every time.

He got distracted with the amount of robots and missed the airships charging their canons. A sudden volley of concentrated beams hit Bowser from all sides. He roared again and ducked into his shell. It took a moment for him to get up to speed and quickly sped around behind the airships. Here he jumped back up and spiked another airship. The airship started drifting and slammed into the next airship taking them both out. As the two airships crashed down, more took their place. Their cannons fired and Bowser ducked to avoid their blasts. A couple managed to hit him as he spun past them. He quickly turned again jumped and this time he clawed at the airship. The airship was badly damaged near its engine and it started to veer of course.

Looking at the battlefield, Bowser saw more airships coming from over the mountains with even more robots in the air. He breathed in again to prepare for a fire attack, but quickly he jumped back. An enormous beam hit the ground where he just stood. The ground exploded leaving a giant hole. Looking up where the beam came from, he saw an enormous airship. It was the biggest of them yet and was almost five times as big at the other airships.