Secret Revealed [23]

"She....she used to be my bestfriend."

I could understand why his expression immediately went from confusion to shocked. A sad chuckle leaves me as I look down to avoid his contact and continue.

"You know how I live alone?" He nods and I find it hard for me to continue because of the horrible memories crashing back. He suddenly grabs my hand and slightly squeezes it which gives me a sense of comfort.

"Well it's because I left my parents 5 years ago."

"Like...."

"Yes, I ran away. Not because I wanted to but because I had to."

I sigh and he starts coming closer to me while rubbing my hand.

"We used to go to school together and were really good friends. We'd share all our secrets and we'd hangout together everyday. She was a frequent visitor at my house so my parents knew her very well. Even though we had promised to always tell eachother all our secrets, I had never known that she had one deep dark secret......

I guess one day she thought that I was trustful enough so she told me her secret.....she was a mafia...a very wanted and dangerous mafia."

His eyes grew really big and I could feel him get tensed up too.

"She used to be my best friend so of course I kept it a secret and was still hanging out with her, because we were really close and I knew she would never hurt me, I was very dear to her too. Even though at first I was a bit unsure, she was amazing and never hurt me.

Everything was going well for a while, everything went back to normal and she would always tell me her missions and adventures she'd do but always keeping some things for both our safeties. It felt great knowing she trusted me. Until one day...... I got kidnapped.

It was an evening, school ended and we were supposed to go home together because we lived right next to eachother but that day Lisa had to go on a mission so I went alone that day. But suddenly a van had stopped beside me and kidnapped me.

They brought me to an abandoned building and kept me there, tied up. What I got to find out later was that this man who had ordered his men to kidnap me, was actually Lisa's enemy.

He was her biggest and worst enemy, I didn't know why though because she always kept her most dangerous enemies confidential from me, probably to not endanger me. I don't know how but somehow he had found out that I was a very close one to Lisa and I knew most of her secret information and most importantly..............her identity.

Lisa had always kept her identity a secret since she was still young and didn't want people hurting her family but the man had found out her weakness which was.....me.

He tortured me and hit me none stop until I was coughing up blood. He wanted one thing from me, it was to tell him her identity to which I obviously refused. I didn't let him get his way so I let him torture me cuz I knew by then Lisa would have probably found out where I was."

I take a moment to take a deep breath and continue while trying my hardest not to shed any tears.

"B-But h-he said t-that..."

A hiccup escapes my mouth as tears fall down as I find it hard to speak. What takes me by surprise is when he suddenly embraces me with a tight hug. The only thing I wanted to do was to hug him back, so I did. Wrapping my arms around his neck I felt my tears fall on his shirt but he didn't care.

"He s-said he knows where my family is and that he'll kidnap them and murder them right before my eyes.......I....I couldn't do anything except tell the truth because even I knew that he wasn't lying.