OVA - The Queen and Her Star

Summary:
Asha, grappling with the complexities of ruling a kingdom, receives assistance from Star, who steps in to guide her through the challenges of leadership—as well as a few other things.

Notes:
For @FunneyLizzie.

"Ready for today's first Wish Ceremony, Asha?" Dahlia asked, a spark of excitement in her eyes as she circled her best friend. "Well, as Queen, I mean."

"I'm so pumped!" Asha grinned, her eyes also lit up with excitement.

"All the planning we've put in is going to pay off big time."

"I sure hope so."

Hundreds of citizens formed a queue just outside the castle's throne room, each seeking Queen Asha's aid in realizing their wishes, now that they had been restored to them. The recently devised Wish Ceremony format had been crafted by Asha and the new Wish Committee, which included Dahlia and the other teens from their group: Gabo, Safi, Bazeema, Simon, Hal, and Dario.

In succession, citizens strolled down the path, engaging with Asha to share their dreams and accepting her offer to assist those in need within Rosas.

An elderly woman approached, her deep-set eyes scanning the front of the throne room and landing on Asha. "Good morning, Your Highness."

"Please," Asha smiled in return. "Call me Asha."

"My spouse turns one hundred this year, and I'd love to throw him a party."

"That's wonderful! Happy birthday to him! Is that your wish?"

"Well, it wasn't my wish seventy-five years ago, but it's my wish now."

Asha blinked at her. "I don't see why we can't help with that." Asha glanced at Hal, who stood across the room. "Hal? Mind assisting this lovely young lady?"

"You got it, Asha!" Hal responded, leading the civilian away.

"Thank you, Your Highness," the woman beamed, her silver hair catching the light streaming in through the windows of the throne room.

"Asha," the Queen uttered under her breath. "Just Asha."

Several more individuals arrived and departed, confiding their aspirations to the young Queen of Rosas and departing with satisfied smiles on their faces.

All of a sudden, a shadowy figure burst through the doors, their face hidden by a white cloak. The room fell eerily silent, and an air of mystery enveloped the unsuspecting crowd as the intruder surveyed the scene with a piercing gaze. Asha and her friends rose to their feet, watching cautiously as the character stepped forward.

"Why the long faces?" a familiar voice echoed, sending a shiver down Asha's spine. "Ruling more difficult than you'd imagined it to be, hmm?"

"What are you doing here?" Asha snapped.

"I'm only here to have a chat with the new Queen, just as everyone else." With one fluid motion, he removed his hood, revealing the late King of Rosas. "It's only fair, isn't it, Asha?"

A blast of emerald green magic hurtled toward Asha, causing her to shoot forward and reawaken in bed. She calmed her breathing before profusely apologizing to Valentino for startling him in the middle of the night.

Tomorrow was her first revamped Wish Ceremony.

She could only wish that the actual ceremony would unfold according to plan, her hopes hanging by a weathered thread.