Chapter 20

Abby*

My belly seemed to grow bigger as each day passes by and it was becoming more difficult to try and hide it, Blake has even started to become suspicious and I don't know for how long I will be able to hide it.

"My Lady why not tell Master about the babe", the new maid asked. Blake has started to treat me more like a wife than the enemy and he allowed me to choose my own maid since that Gabriella incident.

"It's not that easy Bella", I was torn between telling him the truth and hiding it.

"Bu-t...", she immediately hashed as we saw my husband entering the room.

He looked at me with very sharp suspicious eyes , I could feel myself sweating under his dangerous gazing but most of all fearing that he had somehow over heard our conversation.

"What are you both whispering about ", he looked back and forth between the two of us.

I was baffling with words,"Ahh...nothing important".

He nodded but still held  that suspicious expression on his face as he collected his bowing arrow by the bed side while I sat on the bed and watch his strong body move, Bella was folding the plads nervously as my husband walked behind her for the door. When he was finally out we both exhaled deep breath that we were not aware that we had been holding.

"You must tell him My Lady'', presided Bella.

What I adored about Bella was that she was truthful and had a kind heart, she had a babe of her own and a husband . At times I envied the love affection that she shared with her husband and knowing that I will never be able to experience it.

"Nay we must wait a little longer", my greatest fear was getting another taste of my husbands anger.

Bella placed the plads down and looked at me," But for how longer My Lady, the babe is showing".

I placed a hand on my growing belly and sighted,'' I know but not now".

I just needed a little more time, I was not ready.. not just yet.