Chapter 4: Once an Artist

Notes:

As you wake up to another day in Rafayel's home in Whitesand Bay, he tries to get you to paint. Memories from the past come crashing in full force, both good and bad.

Happy belated valentines day everybodi ❤️ I hope ya'll had a good v-day date and if not, then that is okay because our L&DS bois are here for us and will treat you better than any man can 🥰 Jk I went on a v-day date myself but still went on L&DS anyway to get extra eye-candy. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 4: Once an Artist

You awoke with a sudden jolt, heart pounding against your chest and eyes scanning wildly in the dark. It takes a while for you to remember where you are, and when you're finally lucid enough to think straight, you start to calm down and process your thoughts.

Remnants of your nightmare lingered. You dreamt about your boss scolding you and your clients chasing you for a report. Seriously? You're dimensions away and work still manages to invade your dreams?

You sat up slowly and checked the time on your new phone. It's Sunday 4 February, 9 am. You disappeared on the night of 30 January. If time in your dimension flows identically with this one, then it means you've missed two days of work, and will likely have to miss more.

Your boss and colleagues must be spamming your phone with calls and messages. You wonder if you've already been fired at this point, and which colleague will be taking over your clients and projects. Wait a minute.

You let out an undignified groan. Work should be the least of your concerns right now, who cares about your stupid clients when you're not even existing in the same dimension as them? Regardless, you can't help wonder what's going on there anyway, or what's going to happen to you when you return.

You wonder if your parents or friends have noticed your absence from social media or your lack of replies. Has anyone paid a visit to your apartment and noticed you're not home? Has a police report been lodged on your sudden disappearance?

On a regular Sunday like this, you would usually be lounging at home, succumbing to the Sunday scaries and dreading for Monday to come. Sometimes, you'd go out with a few close friends or hang out in a cafe alone with a book. However, on this not-so-regular Sunday, you find yourself in a millionaire artist's ocean-view residence, busily scouring the internet for articles about interdimensional travel.

This morning, you came across several press releases published by the Deepspace Aviation Administration (DAA).

'DAA researchers confirm rift above Linkon West Park to be a micro black hole. Further investigations are ongoing.'

Micro black hole? This is a new development.

'High levels of Metaflux detected near Linkon West Park, public is strongly advised to avoid picnicking and loitering in the area due to high risk of Wanderer attacks."

You must be really lucky to survive sleeping on those park benches without getting mauled by a single Wanderer. You suddenly wonder if you should just turn yourself to the DAA and confess that you've come from another dimension. Maybe they will help you get your ass back home. Wait, but would they even believe you? Given how there was no evidence of you coming out of the black hole. What if you make it to the news as a schizophrenic psycho, just like that self-proclaimed time traveler you read about yesterday?

Even if they did buy your claims, you would instantly become a nationwide sensation and the DAA might even start conducting experiments on you. Worse, what if they think you're a Wanderer or some advanced species of a Deepspace alien, and try to kill you? You don't know the DAA's stance is on otherworldly visitors, it would be naive of you to think they'd welcome you with open arms and treat you humanely.