Chapter 13: Fire Lilies and Pink Roses

Notes:

You can't stop staring at Rafayel, and you wonder if you're falling harder for him as each day passes. Valentine's Day finally arrives, Rafayel deals with confusing feelings, and so do you.

Chapter 13: Fire Lilies and Pink Roses

Burning. You smell burning.

When you open your eyes, all you can see is a sea of red fire in Mo Art Studio. The flames are hot and overwhelming. In the midst of the flames, you see Rafayel's figure approaching you slowly.

"Rafayel?" you ask nervously.

Rafayel doesn't look like himself. A sinister grin is plastered on his mouth, and he slowly raises his arm up, palm pointing at you. Fire spreads from his palm and surrounds you, and your vision goes black. The flames don't come and the heat evaporates.

When your eyes flutter open again, you see Hian standing in front of you. What is going on?

"I told you," Hian sneers, "but you didn't listen."

"What are you doing here?" you ask shakily.

"Your boss isn't who you think he is," he says, tone ominous. "You saw it yourself, he won't hesitate to kill."

"You're wrong. Rafayel's not—"

"When are you going to tell him?"

"Huh?"

Suddenly, Hian begins to morph. His entire appearance changes, and the person standing in front of you is now your mirror image, an exact replica of yourself.

"Your real identity. Your real name," said the girl who looks like you.

"I don't remember my real name," you whispered, fear crawling up your skin.

She opens her mouth, slowly and menacingly. "Your real name.. it's..."

She utters something, but your ears start ringing and you're unable to hear a single word. You can't make out what she's saying, but you think it must be your real name. Your vision blurs and you return to total darkness. Slowly, you start to hear mumbles. They are unclear, as if you are hearing voices underwater.

"You don't belong here."

That sounds like.. Rafayel?

"You don't have much time."

It's Zayne next. What do you mean, Zayne?

"I don't want to go back.. Come back with me."

Huh? That's your voice.

"Found you."

A voice you don't recognize. Who?

Suddenly, a piercing sound rips through the darkness and you jolt upwards in alarm.

Chest heaving, you realize that you're in your bed in Rafayel's spare room. A bad dream?

You take a moment to calm down and observe your surroundings. Gentle sunlight pours in through the windows and your phone alarm buzzes stubbornly on the bedside desk. You turn off the alarm and clutch your head.

What the hell was that dream?

It felt so real. You rarely dreamt ever since coming into this world.

Hian. You haven't thought about him in a while. You still have no idea what his deal was and what he meant about Rafayel. Was Rafayel about to harm you in your dream? You thought you had buried your worries about Rafayel, but it seems like they had affected you more than you thought.