Chapter 6: Melting Frost

Notes:

Zayne was utterly baffled. Most of his colleagues, interns, even women, shied away from his frigid demeanor. You, on the other hand, seemed to find joy in basking in his icy gaze. Meanwhile, Rafayel triple texts you.

Sorry guys, Rafayel doesn't appear as much in this chapter because Zayne has dragged the spotlight away from him for a bit! I promise we'll see more Raf in the next one :) Things are a lil slow for now, but that's cause I need to spend time building the foundations of their relationships in the early chapters, which is super important to me! Enjoy hehe.

Chapter 6: Melting Frost

If someone had told your past self about your current life situation, you would have likely dismissed them with a snort and called them insane.

Just last month, you were having Friday night dinner and drinks with your colleagues, where the conversation had been on the topic of love and relationships. You, unfortunately, were not spared from the juicy questions.

"So... are you talking to anyone yet?" Alice, one of your close colleagues had asked. Your work bestie, you could say.

"Nope," you replied.

"I asked you that months ago and the answer is still the same," Alice sighed.

"But you've been in a relationship before, right?" Mike asked, another colleague of yours.

"Yeah. Wasn't that serious though."

"And how long ago was that relationship?" Alice queried.

"It was 2 years ago."

"So in those 2 years.. you never dated anyone new?" Mike wondered.

"Nope."

He tilted his head. "Why?"

"Just couldn't find anyone I liked, and I was too lazy to initiate dates," you muttered. "I don't mind being single for now anyway."

"Aw, you should have a chance at some dates! Maybe you'll click with someone," Alice egged you on. "You should get on a dating app! I'll help you."

Hmm. Maybe I should, you thought as you downed a shot of soju.

2 years was a long enough break from the dating scene. Your breakup with your ex-boyfriend left a stale taste in your mouth, which made you avoid dating for an entire year after that. You don't even know why you stuck with him for 9 months, when you already knew within a few months of the relationship that he wasn't for you. Perhaps you were lonely, or simply felt obliged to have a boyfriend at 21. Afterwards, you just couldn't be bothered to seek out men on purpose. As much as you'd love to date hot men, you never even met or matched with anyone remotely suitable. When all you did was work and rot at home, what chance did you have?

Flash forward to now, you found yourself in an unusual situation that would have sent Alice squealing and somersaulting.

You live with a man. An aggravatingly attractive man who is also kind and shares the same passion as you. On top of that, you're now getting lunch with yet another good-looking, nice (?) man who happens to be your doctor.

You went from being a hermit, date-avoider to... whatever this is.

Those were the thoughts running through your mind as you followed Zayne out of Linkon Library. You didn't expect Zayne to invite you for lunch together, but perhaps he was friendlier than he looked. Earlier, you thought he'd just grab his book and go, but he even stayed to read with you. God, you still couldn't believe you accidentally called him 'daddy' the first time you met him, what was wrong with you? Good thing he didn't seem to hear it.