Little gifts - 5

As Louis was almost fast asleep there was a knock on their door. Micheal rushed them a little bit, they needed to go to soundcheck and see the stage to make sure everything was alright. They haven't been on stage for a few days so it was kind of weird being back and needing to sing for such a big audience. 

Louis whined and hid his face in Harry's chest, which he was still glued to. He loved being so close to him and felt the safety of being himself. At the same time, he was worried about slipping around Harry, he had been reading about how it is and figured out he had half done it before. Which is good, he knows how it works then, and how it helps ease his thoughts. 

"Come on Lou, we need to get up and ready, you'll be fine yeah?" Harry said gently rubbing a slow hand over his back. 

Louis just groaned and turned around laying on his back, he was really comfortable and now he has to get up and do his job, which he loves but it does take a toll on him. 

Harry chuckles and gets up, gathering the few things Louis had around the hotel room, it wasn't much but he still wanted to make sure he remembered everything.

"I might wear Niall's awful socks for the show, it would be funny, right?" Louis chuckled seeing Harry pick them up with disdain, they were funny but certainly not his style. 

"The fans would go  crazy, you do know they are going to think it's your favourite thing in the whole world and keep buying them for you..." Louis looked at him smiling, which made Harry confused. 

"They will probably think I'm gay, which would be funny to explain to Simon. He tries to keep it hidden so much." And at that, Harry burst out laughing, he knew how touchy Simon was at the subject of those two being gay. 

"I think everyone knows we are gay already, though," Harry mumbles, he doesn't mind being out but when it's all the fans talk about it gets tiring. 

They finish packing up and go to the lobby of the hotel to meet the other boys, who are chatting about the show and how they hope it'll go. They are all excited to sing the new song before they release it, they want it to be hyped up like crazy. 

"Hazza!! We've been thinking of wearing those bandanas like the fans are, what do you think?" Niall shouts out when he sees Harry. He just sighs and shakes his head in amusement, there was no way he would join a fan project like that, especially if he had to choose someone other than Louis, and even then, the fans might think more of it than it actually is, he does love Louis but he doesn't want the world to know all of his feelings, not before the boy himself knows. 

He doesn't like that the fans are so invested in all the boys' love lives, so why can't they just have fun and only be the stage person? Why do they need to show all their feelings and secrets to the whole world, Harry doesn't like that. 

"Maybe not Niall, you would be sad when you realise you aren't everyone's favourite!" Harry chuckles after seeing the defeated look Naill has, even though it was all fun and games, all the boys had some insecurities, which a lot of the fans would bore into. Niall was so worried that he was the least liked in the band, it would eat at him at night. 

They all had so many insecurities, and it made it so much worse when they were shown to the whole world, everyone would know how they felt about everything. It could be overwhelming at times, especially when meeting fans in the street and they bring up these insecurities. 

Louis nudges Harry a little, to get him out of his thoughts, it seems like he has been stuck thinking for a few minutes while the others just rambled away. But Louis noticed he likes knowing Harry so well that he can notice when he gets lost in his thoughts. And all the other small things about him.