Chapter 16

Katie's POV

I sat at the counter watching Oliver cook when my phone rang. It was Barry.

"Hey! What's up?!" I said into the phone.

"Where'd you go? You disappeared. I looked back into your room and you were gone!" He asked sounding worried.

"Oliver came and surprised me. We're back at the house right now." I told him.

"I wanna see him! Can I come by real quick?!" He asked.

"Um no that's okay. Oliver and I are gonna talk about some things." I answered glancing at Oliver who was smiling at the cutting board.

"Are you two getting together?" Barry said. I could tell he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes Barry. We are." I rolled my eyes.

"Good. I liked Oliver more. You two seemed to connect." Barry responded and hung up.

"What'd Barry want?" Oliver asked tossing the chicken in a pan.

"He asked where I was and let's say he approves of us..." I shrugged put my phone down. I gasped, "I forgot to go to the bank! I was going to take out money for vacation next month."

"Well come on. We can eat later." Oliver turned the stove off and grabbed my hand.

I grabbed my back pack hidden with my suit and equipment and Max's police vest. I clipped the vest onto him and headed out the door.

"Why are you bringing your bow?" Oliver asked as we called a cab.

"Central City National Bank is dangerous. That place gets robbed all the time. Why didn't you bring yours?" I gave him a look.

He shrugged, "If I need it I'll steal a bicycle. Or call Barry. I think I'll do that."

We got in the taxi.

"You can't call for help if you're being held at gun point." I added. "But if that does happen I want you to get Max out of there." Max whimpered. "That's an order buddy."

The taxi stopped in front of the bank and we all jumped out after paying the driver. We stepped inside the bank and stood in line.

"Weren't you dating Sarah?" I asked him bouncing on my heels.

"I was but she joined the League again and I told her I couldn't live like that so we broke it off, about a year ago." Oliver replied. "I'm glad I did. I have you."

I turned away and watched Max sniff every corner in the bank. Suddenly he stopped at the door and growled.

"Max?" I said and turned Oliver's attention to the door.

A dark van pulled up along the sidewalk and men poured from the doors.

"Max come here!" I ordered and he came running to me. I turned to Oliver and whispered, "Call Barry right now and tell him to drop your stuff by the back door."

I ran down the hallway with Max just as the men stormed the bank. I got through the back door and changed behind a dumpster. I stepped out to see Barry holding a green bundle with a quiver and a bow.