26.

Riah's POV

"Can we please try having another talk?" Stiles asked from the driver's seat of his jeep, while I sat in the back, dreadfully waiting for Scott to get back. "You haven't spoken to me in days. You haven't answered my calls. And you won't even leave your room at Scott's when I'm there."

I stayed silent, looking out the window and pretending he wasn't even there. This whole situation was shit. I would rather still be avoiding him, but Scott literally begged for my help. The teen wolf dropped to his knees in the kitchen and then followed me around for two hours. He even sat at my door. Turns out, the only way to get him to stop being annoying is to give in. And even then, it seems Stiles had taken his place to be annoying.

Stiles turned around in his seat, looking at me with pleading eyes. "I fucked up with what I said, I know that," he confessed and I continued to look out the window. "The last few days I've actually thought about my words and how stupid they were. I was wrong. Horribly wrong, and I didn't realize until it was too late, and you were gone."

Once again, I stayed silent but pulled out my phone, sending a message to Scott that he better hurry up before I kicked his werewolf ass into the concrete.

"I don't want Lydia," he declared firmly, his heartbeat telling me he wasn't lying. I froze, staring down at my phone. He could be lying and just learnt how to hide it. It's not that hard honestly. "Okay? Riah, you're the only person I have thought, worried, and dreamed about for days. Literally! There hasn't been a second where you aren't on my mind. Can we just talk? Sort this out? I want to fix this. I want to fix us."

"There is no us," I said sharply, looking up at him for the first time in days. And I regretted that choice when his whole face fell with devastation. "You only want me because you can't have Lydia."

He quickly shook his head. "That's not true, Riah. I swear, it's not true."

"Stiles, I'm not doing this," I breathed, glad to see Scott walking out of the hospital. "The only reason why I am in your car and helping Scott find Lydia is because he begged me. Other than that, I don't see why we need to even talk. I'm done with the games. I'm done with it all."

I had spent the last few days crying my heart out, blasting songs about heartbreak, and stuffing my face with ice cream. And now, all I had left was anger and annoyance. Even Scott seemed to be tip toeing around me.

"You don't mean that," he whispered, sorrow clear in his eyes. "We're Riah and Stiles. We always work it out. Come on, just one more chance—"

The passenger door flew open, and Scott quickly climbed in but halted halfway in, glancing between me and Stiles, obviously smelling our emotions.

"Uh, should I hop back out?" Scott nervously asked, darting his eyes between the two of us.

"No," I said firmly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes," Stiles said at the same time, sending a pointed look to Scott.

Scott pushed the door back open, but when he looked back at me, he froze again. "You have that murder look on your face," he murmured, his voice taking a higher pitch.

"If you get out of the car, I will commit murder," I muttered, keeping my eyes locked on him. "Did you get Lydia's hospital gown?"

Scott nervously glanced between my pissed off look and Stiles' annoyed look, before slowly handing me the hospital gown that still had blood on it. He couldn't get a different one?"

"Is this the one she was just wearing?" I asked him, taking the gown and holding open, slightly cringing at the scent of blood mixed with fear.

"Yeah," he briefly answered, closing the door. "Just shove the thing in your face and let's find her."