Obsessed With You - [Scary Girl x Damien]

[Requested By: Metrical]

A/N: Okay, I won't lie I made these two out of character a little bit but I don't think it's that bad, so enjoy!!!

It was a bright, sunny day, which Lauren seemed to hate. Unexpectedly, she was outside near the park, sitting high on a tree, watching all of the teenagers her age play basketball, record videos of themselves doing stupid stuff, and of course, you had the kids that would be in a group smoking. However, Lauren wasn't interested in these things. What she was interested in was the boy whom she had a crush on since the eighth grade, Damien.  

Damien is a pretty well-known guy at their high school. He's smart, funny, gentle, and athletic, everything that a normal girl could ask for. Lauren however wasn't classified as a "normal girl." While she may have a few friends at their school, the things she did outside of school were erratic. Every Friday afternoon, she's aware that Damien is playing basketball with his friends, so as she is doing now, she sits in the same tree and watches him swiftly dunk, juke, high-five his team members, and get jealous at the sight of any other girl looking or even coming near him.  

The sad thing for Lauren is that she has been too nervous to even say a word to Damien. She believes that he won't find her attractive at all since she is very different from most people at their school. She was a quiet girl who stayed to herself and hung out with her same friend almost every day. 

"Hey, Lauren! Could you come down, you know I don't have the ability to climb this big tree," Lauren's friend, Mk shouted from below, snapping Lauren out of her gaze on Damien. 

Lauren swiftly came down from the free. 

"Hi, Mk!" She excitedly said, hugging her shorter friend. 

"Hey," Mk started, hugging Lauren back. What were you doing in that tree? Wait a minute, don't tell me you were stalking Damien again," Mk said, disappointed. Lauren shamefully looked down at her feet.

"Aw, c'mon, that's the ninth time this week!" Mk exclaimed, crossing her arms. 

"I know, I know... It's just that, I've never felt this way for anybody before, what's a girl to do," Lauren said, turning her neck back to get a glimpse of Damien in the distance.

 "Hey, snap out of it," Mk said as she snapped her fingers to gain her friend's attention back. 

Mk was used to Lauren's obsession with Damien. During their phone calls, twenty percent of it would be about their days, ten percent of it would be them planning their next hang out, and then the rest would be Lauren being fixated over Damien. 

"If you're not going to say or approach him, just stop the obsession, Lauren. It's starting to get out of hand and you've barely been getting any rest because of him," Mk stated. 

"I guess you're right, but I'm scared of the rejection. I know he probably wouldn't like me back." 

"One, you don't even know if he likes you or not. You have to give it a try at least. Plus, even if he doesn't like you back, then big deal, you'll be fine." 

"No, you don't get it Mk. If I can't have him... No one can," Lauren said, her voice laced with possession. 

"Woah... That was actually... Dark," Mk said before shivering. 

"And Damien wouldn't like my dark behavior if I were to talk to him, so there's no point," Lauren said, looking down again. 

"Well you won't have this dark and obsessive behavior if you talk to him, so go!" Mk motivated Lauren as she started pushing her to the park. 

Mk and Lauren were now on the concrete of the park. Ahead of them were the gates to the basketball court where Damien and a few other of his friends were. Luckily, they were taking a water break and Damien was slightly further from the rest of the boys, creating a perfect opportunity for the girl to speak to her crush.