Better than Him - [Wayne x Emma]

[Requested by: ToxiVillain]

Description: This story takes place during a free day on the island during season 1

Emma sighed as she walked out of the mess hall, having to deal with yet another argument with her toxic on-and-off boyfriend, Chase. 

Chase was the opposite of Emma. He was self-centered, insensitive, disrespectful, and hypocritical. Meanwhile, Emma was a sweet, nice, caring, and girl who would take accountability when needed. 

The blonde walked to the porch of the girls' cabin and sat down, staring at her feet, pondering why Chase couldn't treat her like his girlfriend. 

"Where did I go wrong?" Emma asked herself before sighing. 

(In the mess hall with Chase and Wayne)

"Ugh, chicks, am I right?" Chase asked the hockey bro. "I mean, how can someone be so mad over a prank from months ago?" 

"I mean, you did cut the brakes to her car off. That seems a little intense, brah," Wayne said, feeling bad for Emma. 

"Pfft, don't tell me you're taking her side. She's just in her feelings for no reason, something that most girls do for no reason," Chase shrugged. 

"But dude, you could've caused her to die, and it's not like she's asking too much from you, all she wants is an apology." 

"Apology nothing, she just needs to learn to get over herself." 

"Well... I'm going to go check on her, just in case," Wayne said as he got up and exited the mess hall.

Wayne made his way to the girls' cabin, hoping to find Emma to make sure she was okay. As gullible as the hockey player may be, even he was aware of how much of a jerk Chase could be. He would cringe seeing the way Chase would treat Emma during challenges or just most of the time in general. Wayne personally found himself eyeing Emma a lot but never really made a move since he knew about Chase and Emma, and seeing them in the toxic state they were in now, just made him feel like this wasn't a good time either, but he wasn't going to leave Emma to fight this battle alone, he wanted her to know that he was there for her at any time and most importantly... He was better than Chase.

The hockey player found Emma hunched over, sitting on the porch steps to the girls' cabin. He couldn't stand seeing Emma in this state. He approached the fellow blonde and sat beside her. 

"Hey Emma, are you okay?" He asked in a soft tone. 

"Oh, uh... Yeah, i-it's nothing," Emma lied. 

"Hey, I may be dumb, but even I have my smart moments, so I know that was a lie. You're not okay,"  Wayne said, scooting closer to her. 

"Okay, I'll be honest... I'm getting exhausted by this relationship with Chase. One minute he acts like he loves me, then the next he acts like he doesn't," Emma said as her eyes began to water.

"Hey, don't cry, Emma. Maybe he's just not the right one for you," Wayne said, putting his arm around Emma in a comforting manner. 

"No, the thing is, he always finds a way to get to me and just make me fall for him again," Emma said before sadly putting her face into Wayne's shoulder. Wayne then slightly leaned his head on top of Emma's while patting her on the side. 

"Emma, he's just using you to play with your emotions because he's bored," Wayne bluntly stated. Emma's eyes then widen at the wise words from such a non-brainiac person.  

"W-wait, for real?" Emma asked as she sniffled.

"Yeah, it's similar to that time when this guy named Brooke, one of the members of my school's rival hockey team, stole my lucky game socks before a big tourney," Wayne said, causing Emma to giggle. 

"Lucky game socks?" Emma chuckled, lifting her head off of Wayne's shoulder. 

"Yeah! But it's okay, they were turning green anyway," Wayne shrugged, causing Emma to gag a little before laughing some more. 

"Aww, is that a smile I see?" Wayne confidently asked, causing Emma to look off and blush a bit. 

"Y-yeah, it is," Emma stammered, awkwardly rubbing behind her head. "But what should I do with Chase. I feel like I should give him another-"

"No," Wayne started sternly, interrupting Emma. "Emma, he doesn't deserve you, or your kind personality. Chase is a selfish jerk who doesn't care about you, he only cares about his fans and himself. I can't stand seeing you get hurt by him, you're such a lighthearted person, you deserve someone better, someone who will treat you with the respect you deserve, someone who will-" Wayne was interrupted by a tight hug from Emma, causing him to look down at the girl and blush. 

"Thank you so much, Wayne. This is one of the sweetest things someone has ever said to me," Emma said, still hugging the hockey player who was now nervous. 

"Oh, uh, no problem," Wayne said before hugging her back. 

Wayne felt butterflies as he hugged Emma. He wanted this moment to last forever, but of course, that wouldn't happen since they weren't dating. Half of him wanted to make a move, then the other half of him wanted to be patient. After all, she had just vented to him about her toxic relationship with her ex-boyfriend, so he didn't want to seem disrespectful. 

"Wayne," Emma faintly said as she pulled away from the hug.

"Yeah?"

Suddenly, Emma pressed her soft lips against Wayne's. The kiss felt magical between the two blondes as Wayne gently pulled Emma closer as they kissed to embrace the moment even more. Emma gripped Wayne's jersey, tugging on it, pulling him closer to make the kiss more intense between them.

The two then pulled away, both gasping for air from the intense kiss. 

"Oh, uh... That was," Wayne started, blushing as red as a tomato as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Oh, I'm sorry if you didn't like that, I was-" 

"No! I did! I enjoyed it, I was just surprised you felt that way toward me," Wayne said, still being in awe.

"Because I realized something, Wayne..." Emma started.

"Which is?" Wayne asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're better than him."