── vol. 1 two tribes one island

౨ৎ ゚. ㅤ ᵕ̈ ⋆ ᯓ
ᝰ.ᐟ ━━ PROLOGUE

one year earlier

one year earlier...

THE BRUNETTE CURSED as she tried to hold up her dress while walking down one of the many stairs at the island club. vivian had never really enjoyed the tradition made by the richer half of the outer banks, but just like every year she was forced to spend tonight dressed up like a doll with an itchy flower crown on her head.

she had been trying to find her brother for the past half an hour, but without any success. her eyes roamed over the paintings hung on the wall, her nose scrunching up in distaste at how overemphasized the displays were.

vivian had grown up a kook, as most called it, but for some reason she had always felt out of place. her parents loved her, maybe her mother didn't as much as her father, but they did. she had a couple friends from school or the island club, but it was all a bit ... superficial. she rarely spoke to them anyway.

sports weren't the girl's cup of tea either, surfing being the only thing she's good at. which is why she'd spend most of her time at the beach with her brother. vivian loved topper, but he was a bit too overprotective sometimes. sure, she enjoyed spending time with him, but she'd kill for a chill friend group away from all of this.

in the corner of her eye, the brunette spotted a girl in a long baby pink dress. "sarah!" she exclaimed, turning away from the paintings and making her way towards the other girl. "oh, hey vivian, what are you doing inside?"

sarah and vivian had been really great friends during middle school, but grew apart as the years went on. sarah was still one of the few people vivian still genuinely liked, though. she was also dating her brother, so she kind of had to.

vivian sighed, adjusting the flower crown on her head in annoyance, "i'm trying to find topper. have you seen him?"

sarah let out a small laugh, lifting her hands up to fix the crooked flower crown on the brunette's head. "that's better" vivian mumbled a small thanks. "he's in the meeting room upstairs," sarah continued, "with rafe and kelce."

"ugh." vivian groaned, throwing her head back before looking back at the blonde, "i've been searching this place for the past 30 minutes and i didn't even know it had a meeting room. what are they doing in there anyway??" she sighed, "thanks sarah, i'll check it out."

sarah spoke a small 'no worries' but it was brushed over by vivian rushing back upstairs, who almost tripped on her long dress before she lifted it back up.

the girl had no clue where she was headed, her brows furrowed as she searched for the so called meeting room. eventually her eyes fell on a door that was slightly ajar. "what..?" the girl breathed out as she stopped in front of the door, slowly opening it. her eyes fell on the large windows, which reached from the ceiling to the floor, causing a small breath of astonishment to leave her lips. she stepped inside, wanting to move towards the windows, and let the door fall closed behind her.