Part 69: Hannah POV

"You better."

Eavesdropping was usually one of my favorite past times, however, hearing the clip tone of his voice made me wonder if I was getting the whole truth from him. The last time he and Christian were in the same room, I knew I walked into some thing I shouldn't have seen or heard.

The brief moment it took me to decide whether to make myself known or pretend I didn't hear it.

"Talk to me."

He jumped slightly, and I realized that he hadn't sensed me listening. But he knows I love to put my nose where it doesn't belong. I could see his shoulders relax slightly.

"Your buddy Christian and I are at odds right now."

His voice had a gravel in it, but always did something for me.

"That much I gathered. The tension was thick as could be. I knew I walked in to something heavy."

Walking over toward him I didn't want to overcrowd his space so instead I leaned on the kitchen island.

His baby blues ran up and down my frame as quickly as it could. If you didn't know him as well as I do, he probably would've missed it.

"Stacey coming back and the Meredith thing was his fault. He don't want to take responsibility and so he wants to put it on me. It's just bullshit. It'll resolve but fuck me. I told him to take care of her. He thought it was some love triangle woman scorned bullshit. He didn't listen to me. That's what caused all this fucking mess. I still don't even know how Meredith and that dickhead tie in. Just to much coincidence."

He wasn't wrong. I had been thinking the same thing. What were the chances of all of this being coincidence? But part of me couldn't figure out any link. There was no way someone could've foreseen he and I meeting.

Maybe neither of them were actually supposed to be linked. Perhaps he and I meeting with the catalyst that joined two parts of the world together that shouldn't have been.

I've started to wonder what would've happened had we not met?

What would  Sam Miles have done between he and I?
Would Marshall had gotten rid of Stacie, or would she still be involved in his life?

It was all a mess.

"I can try and find something out. Ari is supposed to be seeing him soon. I could-"

"No." His voice didn't actually leave room for discussion, but I couldn't resist.

"But-"

His hands cut both of my cheeks and our eyes locked together. he was definitely talking through them and I could hear every word.

"Please. Don't do anything with this. Trick will get to the bottom of it eventually."

Would he?
What if he didn't?

Deciding to keep, my thoughts to myself I nodded my head. He eventually brought his mouth to mine.

It was always bliss.

—————————————————————
I had kept my promise for weeks.

I didn't intervene.
I didn't try and see him or ask questions to Ari. But the tension hasn't left between Marshall and Christian.

It was to the point where I chose to not even take his calls. I had sent some very basic messages but I know he got the message clear.

If a line was being drawn in the sand between them, I would always be on Marshall's side.