Chapter 5: Hannah POV

It had been one busy week for all of us, and it felt like each day was longer than the previous one. Thankfully the week was half over and we could all just relax. It was barely noon on Tuesday and I had no motivation to get through the rest of the day.

I was student teaching at Lincoln High school in Detroit. I loved teaching more than anything in the world, I had decided to focus on English and completed my first ever teaching op here during my freshman year. These kids were a part of me and I couldn't wait to have my own classroom and design new ways for them to fall in love with learning.

Today though. It was tough. I had been up all night with Ari who had been crying over some frat boy that never called her back after their hookup. I had never understood why she did this to herself, it was always the same cycle. I tried my best to gently tell her that maybe she shouldn't repeat the same behavior and expect a different outcome but.... she wasn't ready to hear that.

The girls had reached out asking if I wanted to go out with them and other girls for a GNO tomorrow. Ari said she needed this to get her mind right and so I reluctantly agreed.

The students were now heading back in from lunch. I took a deep breath and smiled at Mrs. Smith and proceeded to start my lesson.

The following night I dressed up in a cute black dress, thick black tights, bootie heels, and a leather jacket. I was kind of looking forward to meeting new people but I wouldn't have been sad if the plans had been cancelled or I simply didn't go. Sleep sounded amazing.

My phone beeped and I had a message letting me know Ari and Julie were outside in the uber ready to pick me up, we were going to some new restaurant uptown. I had creeped on the website earlier to see what I'd be eating and drinking.

They had an ample selection of wine and sangria so it worked for me. They also had mozzarella sticks, double win. And the dessert list was fantastic. I couldn't wait to eat myself into a coma. I wanted to sleep like a baby tonight.

The ride was filled with Ari continuing to complain about her guy problems. Me and Julie both chimes in when needed and listened because we had to. I was also in the middle of texting Marshall.

-I needed a nap but someone kept talking

-you're the one that taught me how to use the damn thing. Deal with the consequences

-never teaching your technological illiterate ass anything else

-yeh right. You'll do whatever I ask

God I would. Legitimately anything he asked.

-I suppose that's accurate

-I won't even say what I was going to say, don't want you blushing through your dinner

-(insert eye roll) maturity level of a teenage boy

-be good tonight. Let me know when you get home I don't care what time it is.

The DILF was out.

Deciding to end it before it took an x rated turn on my part I sent a message quickly.

-will do! Xo

I put the phone away before I even got a response. Focusing back in on what Ari was saying.

"Royce told me he knew a guy who knew a girl guy I'd the same thing happen to them! Isn't that insane? I mean how many guys have that creepy kink and toss a girl out after and never call!?"

I rolled my eyes. "Royce doesn't know anything! He just lives and breathes drama, he's fueling your fire." I laughed.

"She's right Ari! You could tel him anything and he'd have a story to dish about too. The guy can't keep his mouth shut for shit. I don't even know why you tell him anything, Jabby Jaws probably tells everyone." Julie cackled.