Chapter 48: Marshall POV

After dropping Hannah off at the hotel it left just myself and Paul in the car. It was silent for a while and I was writing.

"So? Are we going to discuss what happened or just pretend that it didn't?" Paul's voice echoed through the car.

Looking up from the notebook I kept my face neutral, I knew exactly what he was referring to but didn't really know how to answer him.

My silence forced him to speak more.

"Listen Marshall, we've been here before. I need to know what's going on. I mean -"

"What do you mean what's going on Paul? Shit happened. I called you. You took care of it. Right?"

"Of course I took care of it. What I'm saying is I need to know if this is going to be an issue again. I know how you get when the voices get loud. I'm making sure to cover all of our asses here."

He's a pain in the ass. Tell him to shut up and move on it's not like we're running around threatening people left and right like we were before. Besides she was a fucking glorified assistant.

He's overreacting.

"I think you're overreacting." I looked him in the eyes.

"Ov..overreacting!?" He sputtered out. "Overreacting!? Really? Is that what you think Marshall or is that what he thinks because I think if anything I'm under reacting to this whole situation."

Sitting back in the seat I bit my lip and looked out the window. I knew it was a big deal, and I knew Paul wasn't being dramatic. He had taken care of any problem I came into for almost twenty years.

If I wasn't Eminem I know I was nearly positive I would be famous for an entirely different reason. It had been years since something like this happened and I'm sure Paul thought we were past it.

I did too.

Figured I was fully level headed.

Clear and sober and all that fluffy shit.

But I craved the danger and the power.

Those craving were worse than the drugs sometimes.

I couldn't possibly tell Hannah... could I?

Fuck. No.

Don't even think about getting a conscience right now Marshall!
We did it FOR her.
Now we can all just stay happy.
Shut your god damn mouth.

What if it happens again?
What if I get to that point of rage again with Hannah? Then what?

I nearly killed Stacy.

I threatened her life and nearly bashed her face in. She left Australia scared as fuck that I would have someone coming by to finish the damn job.

Then we handle it again. Nothing will happen to Hannah. I promise and so does he.

Were we all really on the same page? Could I trust them not to hurt her? Could I trust myself?

Yes.

It felt good though didn't it?

Being bad?

I felt my eyes grow dark as I thought about it.

It definitely did.

"Look Paul.." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I appreciate what you did and what you've always done for me. I don't know what happened. I couldn't stop it. Couldn't stop Him." I shook my head.