Chapter 11: Sisters Reunited

Thalia Grace came back to her human life. She had aged slower. Supposed to be age 18 by now. She was 15 years old. Meaning she's now only two years older than I am. I shared my cabin with her. We were able to get a second bed for her. It was only fair.

Not like we have a Zeus cabin...

We were sitting down on our beds. Staring at each other. "I can't believe you're about to be 13. You were just seven..." She said sadly. "What happened to mom?"

I felt my heart ache. "You leaving hurt her too much. She thought you were taken and were dead," I admitted. "She told me you were an imaginary friend. That way I wouldn't have had the pain of losing a sister. She died when she tried moving us to California. A hydra attack."

Silence fell upon the two sisters.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked.

She let out a small sigh. She got up and walked over to sit down on the end of my bed. I didn't protest. "Demigods have that scent that attracts monsters. Our mom confided in me saying who my dad was. Who your dad was..."

"Mom really wanted to keep it in the family. Dating brothers," I commented.

Thalia and I laughed at that. "One more time and we could have a sea god kid as our sibling," She added. I laughed and covered my mouth to hide the snort.

"But on a more serious note," She continued. "We being a child of the big 3. We have stronger scents. 12 is the age when everything begins to happen. I didn't want you to be in danger so I left. I found Annabeth and Luke," She looked down.

"Annabeth was your age. Luke and I agreed to take her in. She reminded me so much of you. She had that younger sibling look in her eyes. I had the same older sibling instinct for her as I did you. Grover was supposed to escort me to camp but-"

"I know," My voice came out softer than intended. I knew the rest. Everyone knew the rest.

"The plan was to stay at camp. Then when you turned 12, I would have returned to go get you. I would have written letters. I wasn't going to disappear completely."

"Fate had other plans," I responded.

We were greeted again by silence.

"Do you remember me?" Thalia asked.

"I spent this past year trying to recover memories from my imaginary friend Thalia when I was kidnapped by Luke," I answered. She was well aware of what Luke did to me and she was furious. "I remembered you would always braid my hair before bed. It gave me the perfect curls the next morning but they never lasted too long."

"Unless you put hairspray."

"Yeah but then my hair feels like hay. I don't want horses to think they can eat my hair."

Thalia laughed and I cracked a smile shaking my head.

"Did you ever learn how to swim?"

I smiled at the memory. It felt like we were just normal kids swimming in the ocean. "I did. A few weeks ago. Before you returned."

Thalia tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "It looks like you learned how to braid after all," She pointed out. I had a side French braid in my hair.

"Clarisse did that," I answered. "I never figured it out." She had a bunch of younger siblings. She kind of took over that role for me before Thalia returned.

"Are you going to mortal school this year or staying at camp?" She asked me. The dreadful question. I always assumed that I'd go with Percy for the year. Now that I have a sister. I wasn't too sure what I wanted.

"I'm going to decide later. I don't know..."

*** *** ***

"DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CABIN YET?" I yelled as I stormed away from Thalia. I was so sick of her already. Everyone at camp had found this hilarious. Normally sibling fights here end with sword fights and whatnot. We just scream at each other. "IT'S NOT FINISHED YET! YOU'RE STUCK WITH ME!" I honestly don't even remember why we were arguing. Apparently, people believe we are funny. I found out the gods watched from Olympus as well to watch us argue. I learned not to care.

"SUCKS FOR YOU. THEY BUILT ME ONE WITHIN A WEEK!" Thalia gasped and followed after me. "Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!"

"I'm not seven Thalia! You can't keep acting like a mom. You're a sister! Act like one!"

"You know I wouldn't have to act like this if you wouldn't-" She paused. She was trying to think of what I did. "You don't remember what we were fighting about either?" I asked, a smile forming on my face. A matching one appeared on her face as she shook her head. "Do you wanna go get lunch?" I asked.

"Sure, just don't take my fries."

Let's just say once Thalia had her own cabin, we fought less. I missed her in my cabin and I also didn't. It was complicated. Now it was the end of the summer. I decided to go with Percy. Annabeth was going back home for the school year. Grover and the other satyrs were scouting for more demigods. Annabeth offered Thalia to join her and her family for the year.