Chapter 7

"Hey, boys. Time to bug out at my birthday party. Invite only. But you witches are my VIPs" Omega gives the invites to Shadow and Jet. "Are these made of real insect wings?" Shadow looks at the butterfly..? invites. "My dad spared no expense. You only turn 15 once." "You only turn every age once, Omega."

"Prepare thyself to do battle like a normal. Thumb war!" Sonic says to Espio. "It's fun because it's stupid." Jet and the others look at Sonic and Espio. "It's so weird that a normal goes here now. Too bad he's already burned his social life at the stake. Any friend of Espio's is an automatic dork."

"I still can't believe Principal Bumb let you learn all the magics!" "Me neither, Espio. But oh, my gosh! I'm si excited for photo class! I can't believe you can make pictures of your actual memories. I'ma see me some baby Espio!" Sonic tries to take the books from his locker but the locker doesn't give them. "I'll admit, I was adorable." "Don't eat that!" The locker lets go of the book and Sonic slams to the floor.

"I can't believe he'd hang out with him. It's just embarrassing. 'Look at me. I'm going on a date with my ferns.' " Jet and Omega laughs and walks past Sonic and Espio, Shadow walking behind them. "That could be anyone." Sonic puts his hand to Espio's shoulder. "Solid Espio impression, Jet. Shadow, weren't you friends with Espio?" They stop and Shadow sighs. "I'm an ultimate life from. We only associate with a select few." He starts walking away. "Keep annoying me though, I'm happy to select fewer." "Oh, I could've sworn that you guys hung out."

~

"All right, memory melon, let's pick another juicy one." "Be careful with my brain." Sonic puts the twezers to Espio's ear. "Ooh. Who says brain surgery's hard?" "How's the work?" The teacher asks from Espio and Sonic. "Note that some prints have greater clarity than others. These are moments that evoke a strong emotional response." Sonic turns his head at the pictures. "All the colors of the brainbow." He's trying to touch the pictures but the teacher prevents him. "But if you damage the prints, you'll damage the memories themselves. Be extremely careful!" "Whoa. Photo class is intense."

The pictures are starting to show. "Oh, my gosh, Espio, you had and akward style phase too? I knew we were meant to be friends. Ooh, there's more." Sonic gasps and sees a picture of Espio and Shadow hugging. "I know you and Shadow have a history. Wouldn't you feel better talking about it?" "No, I'd rather do this." Espio turns around the photo, "That's my motto after all. Out of sight, out of mind." and then the bell rings. Espio is walking away, but Sonic grabs his arm. "If you won't tell me what he did, I'll never be able to cook up a scheme to make you friends again." "Sonic, I get it. But I don't want you to do that. No schemes, no plots, no ruses. None. Okay? Now, let's get to lunch." Espio walks away and Sonic looks behind him at the photo, "He never did mention anything about shenanigans." and turns the photo again. Espio, wait up!"

"I can't believe I made him cry. Like, he's the teacher." "Hmm?" Shadow looks to the class while he and Jet walks past the class and he sees the picture about him and Espio. "Oh, no." "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost? Is there a ghost in photo class? Are they cute?" Jet is looking to the class but Shadow puts his hand in front his eyes. "Yup. Just a super cute ghost. But they're all mine." And then he closes the class room's door. "Ask if they have any friends." Jet yells from behind the door.

Shadow takes the photo and looks at it. "Espio, I'm sorry. But I have to do this." He burns his face from the photo and blows a little so the photo won't burn all. He puts the photo back and walks away. But then the photo starts to burn again and Shadow turns around. "Huh? Oh, no. No, no, no, no! Um." He blows the photo and then the fire spreads to the other photos. "Oh, come on!"

~

Aze, Sonic and Espio are eating. There's an akward silence but then Sonic brokes it when he looks at Espio. "Wow, are you okay?" "When did it get so hot?" He drinks water from his glass and then he pours all the water from water jug all over him. His pupils goes all black. "Uh, hi. I'm Espio. Remind me of your names." He stretchs out his hand to Aze and Sonic. "This is serious journalism, Espio. Clowning around will get you nowhere." "I'm.. I'm serious. Who are you?" "I'll admit, this amnesia spin has piqued my interest." Sonic looks closely at Espio. "Aze, it really seems like he's forgotten us. Like his memory is..." And then Sonic gasps. "Like his memory is gone!"