30

Tomorrow is going to be the individual battles for the exchange event. Satoru and I left our apartment not long ago and checked in with Megumi. He got infected with some sort of root by the curse Itadori and Todo were fighting. Show was able to heal him, but he'll be taking it easy for tonight. Shoko said he should be good by tomorrow though.
Itadori and Kugisaki brought pizza and are eating it with Megumi when we walk in. Megumi looks annoyed as always and Itadori and Kugisaki are enjoying their pizza.

"Man, couldn't have gotten something easier to digest?" I say.

"That's what I said." Megumi agrees.

"How're you feeling Megoomi?" Satoru asks plopping down on the chair in the corner.

I sit on the couch beside it and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Megoomi?!" Kugisaki says laughing almost choking on her pizza.

"Yeah Megoomi, how're you feeling?" Itadori teases.

Megumi groans hitting both of them on the head, "I told you to stop calling me that. And I feel fine. A little sore but fine otherwise." Megumi answers.

"Well just take it easy. We don't need you until tomorrow so skip the training tonight." I tell him.

He nods.

"Brother!" I hear from behind Itadori.

"Todo?" We all say in unison.

"Uh oh." Itadori says sprinting away and out the window.

"Wait! Where are you going?! Come back brother!" Todo yells.

"I told you! I wasn't in my right mind!" Itadori yells in the distance.

"Itadori has a brother?" Satoru asks.

"It's a long story." Megumi answers.

"It's still weird." I say.

"Yup." Kugisaki says.

———
     All of the staff are gathered in a room to discuss yesterday's attack. The death counts include two second grade sorcerers and four assistants by Ijichi's count. Too many in my opinion. Something else is going on, but I can't understand what yet.

"Anything on our guy?" I ask.

"No, just said he was promised something by some monk in robes." Ijichi says.

"A monk in robes, sound familiar?" Mei Mei says knowingly.

I know who she means, but that's impossible. He was killed last year. It has to be someone else, a follower of his even.

"Nah, he sounds like a bullshitter. We got anyone good at interrogations?" Satoru asks.

"No, but the point still remains. Whatever or whoever is behind this attack must be stopped. No matter what." Yaga says.

———
    We decided to continue the exchange event the following day. We all are outside playing one of the best sports ever invented: Baseball.
It's not necessarily traditional to play this. Usually the students get matched up with each other and fight. But today, Satoru meddled with the drawings and was able to pull it off. Let's just say the principals weren't too happy about it. Sometimes though, you just have to let the kids be kids. They're asked to grow up way too early sometimes. It's a good team building exercise and way to relax a bit, especially after yesterday.
Satoru is umpire, and Utahime and I are both coaches. The first batter up is Miwa. She seems unsure, but who knows. She could get a good hit in.

"Plllaay ballll!" Satoru yells.

I look over at his unbuttoned shirt, glasses and no blind fold. Sometimes I forget what he looks like in normal clothing. My face flushes as he looks over to me and winks. He knows how attractive i'm finding him now. I look away so the students won't notice, but to tell the truth, it's now all I can think about.

Miwa hits it but it gets caught in the infield. "Awe man. I guess I should have see that coming."