42

"Do you remember our talk about how to create a world without curses? No matter what method you adopt, human beings will adapt all the same. The next stage of humanity lies in breaking away from cursed energy." Yuki says.

She's buying time for us to break out. Good.

"No. It lies in optimizing cursed energy." Geto says.

"Actually I don't get it either way." Itadori says.

"I'll fill you in later." I tell him.

"I thought you'd abandoned that method twelve years ago when Toji Zenin died." Geto says.

I furrow my brow at the mention of him. He killed Satoru all those years ago. Well I guess technically he didn't, but still. His name leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"I was talking to Geto. Oh well. I came back to the original principals. Besides, your method has a big hole." Yuki says smirking, "compared to Japan, extremely few Jujutsu Sorcerers and curse spirits appear overseas. Tengen's barrier is necessary for optimizing cursed energy. The only ones capable of becoming Sorcerers are people of this country. That would mean Japan has the monopoly on cursed energy." She says.

I get ready to strike any moment. Just a few more seconds. Just let me out of this ice. I'm making a run for it as soon as I'm let out. I'm killing him. Putting him down for good. And I will be getting Satoru back.

"A certain super power couldn't handle that. And the middle east wouldn't remain silent. Flesh and blood human beings are the energy source, so you could imagine the suffering it would bring. That's a world far removed from my objective." She explains.

I can't necessarily argue against that. A world without cursed energy entirely, no matter how impossible it may be, would be ideal. If it didn't exist, our family would be safe. Satoru and I would be gushing over our newborn son right now. But we aren't. Satoru isn't here. He's never seen his son. He has no idea if either of us even made it yet. And I'm enraged by this. I'll kill every curse user to get Satoru back if I have to.

"Ha! So what?! We have different objectives. I don't wish for a world without cursed spirits. Or a peaceful world for that matter. Non-sorcerers, sorcerers, Cursed Spirits, these are all possibilities of cursed energy in the form of human beings. And yet, there must be more to human potential." Geto says looking at his hand.

"I tried to bring that forth myself," he says looking at Choso specifically, "But that doesn't work. What I can create doesn't exceed the bounds of my own potential. The answer is always flickering darkly in chaos. Do you understand?" He asks lifting his arm up.

"What? What's he mean Sensei?" Itadori asks.

"I don't know yet." I say.

"What I should have created was chaos I couldn't control. I have already extracted the cursed technique." Geto says smirking.

"Oh fuck." I say realizing what he means.

"There's a cursed spirit that can manipulate the soul right? Mahito?" Yuki asks Itadori.

"Yeah, that guy just absorbed him." Itadori says.

"What?! No way!" She yells.

"Idle Transfiguration!" Geto says touching the ground with a blast of energy.

A symbol, the same one that appeared on Tsumiki, appears on the ground and in the sky. It's within Tengen's barrier.

"He remote activated the technique?" I ask myself.

"Sensei?" Itadori asks nervously.

"Thank you Yugi Itadori. The quality of the cursed technique stagnates at the moment of absorption. Mahito matured in the fight against you. I actually wanted Jogo as well but oh well." He says smirking.