38

"Todo?" I say exhaustedly.

"Mrs. Gojo. Looks like you need a hand. Or a carry rather." He says scooping me up effortlessly.

"Todo, what are you doing here?" I say.

"I was dispatched to this part of the tunnel to patrol the area and get any of Gojo's stragglers. Looks like I was at the right place at the right time." He says.

I chuckle breathlessly, "yeah. I'd say so. Satoru was sealed. He's on level B-5 I think."

   He starts running and every heavy footstep he takes hurts. I groan and wince in pain and he looks down at me determined.

"Don't worry Sensei. I'll get you out of here so you can have that baby of yours. Then, I'll go back in and rescue Gojo myself." He says.

"No Todo, I can't let you go back down there. You'll get hurt." I say.

He chuckles, "you don't need to worry about me right now. You just worry about your son. Everything will be fine. You have my word."

I sigh, "if you go down there and die then I'll kill you myself."

He smirks, "yes ma'am."

    We finally reach the surface and we look around. It looks like there's a veil all around Shibuya. How did this happen? It all happened so fast. One minute Satoru and I were home and the next he's sealed and I'm in labor.
    There are transfigured humans everywhere. Todo runs and claps his hands trading places with one further away saving time. He keeps doing this until we've covered about 300 yards. With every clap, my mind is distorted leaving me a bit dizzy. Another contraction hits me as we leave this part of the city and enter a basically empty one. The pain is extreme this time, somehow worse than all the others and I grab Todos shirt hard.

"Todo please stop. We have to stop here." I say desperately.

He stops and brings us to a random ally that looks pretty quiet. He sets me down and looks at me concerned.

"What do I need to do Mrs.Gojo?" He asks.

    I grab his hand desperately and squeeze for dear life. He sits there and lets me squeeze it with no complaints. It doesn't seem to bother him really.

"Breathe. Just breathe with me." He says as he helps me control my panicked breathing. I need Satoru here. He's missing this. He's going to miss the birth of his son.

Suddenly, we hear yelling from the roof tops.

"Nanami! Nanami! Are you here?!" I hear Itadori yell.

"Itadori?" I say.

"That's my brother!" Todo yells smiling.

"Gojo has been sealed!" He yells loudly.

"Shit." I say knowing every curse user in the area has heard it. They know he can't stop them now.

"We need to get to Shoko." He says picking me up again.

I groan in pain with every movement and he looks at me with sympathy.

"I'm sorry but we can't stop here. Shoko can help you and I can go get Gojo." He says as he starts running again.

   I can feel the baby coming. It's time to push, I know it is. But I need to hold on for a few more minutes. I need Shoko here to help.
  I start crying knowing Satoru isn't here. He's my other half. The love of my life. And I may never see him again. It's all my fault. I should have never fallen for him. I should have never become his weakness. Maybe if I hadn't, he wouldn't be sealed right now. He hesitated because of me. He heard my voice and stopped momentarily. He lost his focus and went with his instincts to protect me. Stupid me.
     We approach Shoko and Yaga on a bridge outside the barrier. They hear us coming and turn around. Shoko has a cigarette and Yaga looks worried. When they see me though, they both run to meet us half way.