Chapter 3: Perspective

"Mom told us not to eat anything you offer!" Ace yelled. Yamato sighed deeply, shaking his head.

"It's take-out, you ungrateful brat!" He snapped. "You saw the delivery happen!"

"Mama says I'm allergic to nuts." Amon said, hiding behind Ace. He only called his mom "mama" when he was stressed out.

"Ah, well then, instead of the almond chicken, you can have the rice."

"No!" Ace yelled louder, standing his ground.

"Why are you so insistent that you don't eat anything I've gotten?" Yamato asked, boiling down his anger. "What has your dear mama and papa told you to make you so fearful?"

Instead is answering, Ace and Amon both left for their room. Amon locked the door by putting a chair under the door handle, like he'd seen in movies. Ace, on the other hand, went straight to their window and stared out.

"Mom and dad don't like this guy." Ace said.

"If they hated him so much," Amon replied, "then why'd they let him stay?"

"I heard dad say something about family..."

"Mom said that guy was our uncle and her brother, right?"

"No, I mean yeah, but I mean dad said he was obsessed with families...or something like that."

"That's a weird thing to be obsessed with."

"Well, we don't have a grandma or grandpa on mom's side, she said they died before we were born. Maybe that's why."

Amon's tail wrapped around him, eyes wide. "Do you think he's gonna bring his mom and dad back from the dead?!"

"No!" Ace huffed. "He's trying to get into our lives and I'm not having it."

Amon grew quiet, watching Ace pace around. Soon, his curiosity grew, and he opened his mouth.

"Why do you think mom and dad don't like him?" Amon asked.

"Well, for one, he's just a jerk."

"Maybe he's just misunderstood?"

"Misunderstood? He came into our house without permission."

"Uh..."

Ace sighed. "Amon, we can't trust him. We...have to run!"

"R-run?!" Amon shook his head. "No! No way!"

"Why not? We can't stay with him."

"What if we look at things from his perspective?" Amon mumbled, regretting even saying anything when his brother made a face.

"Why?" Ace asked, noticing Amon's saddened expression.

"Maybe..."

Amon couldn't speak, couldn't think, thanks to his twin's disapproving look, so Ace softened up.

"Ok," Ace said, "how about this, you can talk to him and I'll get ready to leave in case it goes bad."

Amon nodded, eyes wide.

"W-what do I say to him?" He asked.

"I dunno, it wasn't my idea." Ace said, readjusting himself when he saw Amon's watery eyes, "just start conversation and go from there."

Amon nodded and looked around the room. He laid eyes upon his stuffed lamb, which he quickly picked up and hugged.

"Ok, I'm ready."

"Be careful." Ace bit his lip, then smiled. Amon smiled back, bracing himself to leave and slowly opening their bedroom door.

Stepping out, he heard Yamato shifting in the living room. He gave his sheep plush a squeeze and walked into the living room.