-2- (the gas station)

july 1st       1985

july 1st       1985

Today marked a week of summer. On the first day of July, me and Elizabeth always go to the gas station down the road and buy candy and drinks.

"EVAN WAKE UP!! WE GOTS TO GO"
She shook me awake.
here's my sister. two years younger and a crazy red head.

"alright liz i'm getting up" i said.

Elizabeth is 12 years old and im 14.

"Is mike coming with?" I said

"No him and Daddy are doing driving lessons." she said.

Our older brother, Michael, and my Dad are doing driving lessons because Mom is tired of driving Mike to work and back. Mikes friend Jeremy started driving him for the meantime, but she's just a cranky bitch and i don't know why it's such a big deal to drive him just like 10 minutes to Freddy's. But anyway mom has been a bad mood for an entire week because michael been coming home later then he's allowed. not that i care about why he's coming home late, but he's making mom mad. And, it's automatically me and liz's problem too.

"Alright liz get out i'm changing now" i said getting out of bed. she walked out and closed the door behind her.

I walked to my white curtains and opened them, the sun beaming down on my face. i opened up my dresser and grabbed my clothes out of the drawer. i put on a gray shirt and some baggy black cargo shorts. i honestly don't know here i got them. they're probably mikes old ones. i pulled on socks and my Nikes. i opened my door and walked downstairs to where Elisabeth was waiting for me on the couch.
"Ready?" she said
"Yep let's go"
Elizabeth was wearing a pink tee shirt and a blue skirt with her platform Mary Jane shoes. cool.
"MOMMY WERE LEAVING!" Liz yelled through the house. No response. Whatever. Liz grabbed her backpack and we walked out the door. we got onto the sidewalk and saw a blond lady outside the house next to ours. Some people had just moved into the house next to us and we hadn't met them yet.
The lady in the driveway was yelling at who i could only assume to be her kid to wake up.

"Gregory get up we're here. you need to help me unpack."

"Vanessa can i sleep for five more minutes?PLEASEEE?" he said

"no greg get the fuck up"

"ugh fine." he said then getting out of the car. the boy who i guess was named gregory got out and started putting his shoes on. he stopped what he was doing and pulled a shoe off his foot and while his mom was turned around he launched it at her head.
*BONK*
"GREGORY WHAT THE FUCK-" she picked up the shoe weapon and launched it back at Gregory, who ducked behind their car and laughed when she got mad. i laughed at the two and gregory turned and looked at me and liz.
He smiled a cheeky smile and vanessa tried to throw the shoe at him again as he ducked and ran. im not going to lie, the way he smiled at me gave me a feeling. i felt like butterfly's were eating away at my stomach. but anyway,  me and liz walked down the street past them and liz started talking.