7. What are we?

" Hyung, What did Matthew Hyung do now? Why is his boss coming to eat with us?", Gunwook complained slightly sulking while bringing in the heavy electric grill along with Ricky.

" Why are you bringing this?", genuinely intrigued gyuvin asked them to which his boyfriend replied,

" I won't dare let him eat outdoors, I don't even use a charcoal grill, I'm afraid the smoke will bother him. Damn it."

Quickly Gyuvin came in proximity to Ricky after he put the grill down and held his hand tenderly,

" Don't carry those heavy things, look at you ruining your pretty hands",  At this point, Gunwook was visibly cringing at them so hard,

" You're only allowed to carry one thing", He said dramatically pointing at his heart.

Disgusted by them Gunwook took off from there and bumped into a slender man at the entrance of their cafe. 

" Hey, Hey, Hands off boy", Hanbin warned Gunwook when he saw him supporting Hao to stand up.

"I did not think that you'd really bring your loverboy here", Whispered Matthew and sat down beside Hao. Suddenly Hao got a call and excused himself. Signing deeply Hanbin took a seat beside Gunwook and sulked alone quietly.

" So what happened, Why is your boss having dinner with us?", Ricky questioned as he kept arranging things on their table

" Your blabbermouth friend asked him and surprisingly he said yes", Said Hanbin earning a nasty side-eye from Matthew and scoffingly added, " Usually he doesn't even eat from street vendors"

Moments later Jiwoong entered the venue fully clothed in a formal suit and wearing a professional smile on his lips which made him look polite. The atmosphere became abnormally stiff when he sat down beside Matthew.

" Hello, sir", the rest of them replied stiffly and slightly whispered to Matthew,

" Ordinary much? his shoes are cleaner than your mouth"

Shrugging indifferently Matthew complained, " Boss look, Hanbin was the one who told stories about you. don't listen to them"

Hanbin was stunned at the revelation, He was already murdering Matthew in his brain over 50 times in time 25 different ways till he decided to open his mouth again.

 " Don't worry, you're perfectly normal. Here have some meat", Matthew spoke softly and placed a well-cooked tender piece of meat in front of his mouth which Jiwoong ate reluctantly showing a raw smile.

The other boys were eyeing the duo the whole time, It was the first time Matthew ever acted so kindly in front of them. They gave each other an obvious look and continued to devour the food in front of them.

After Matthew walked Jiwoong out, He came inside strutting aimlessly til he stopped to look at his teammate's eyes which were basically shooting lasers.

" Why are you all staring at me? I know I'm the hottest But you don't need to stare", He sassed at them and sat beside Gunwook who was eyeing him suspiciously.

" What is going on between you and him? I've never seen him act this close with anyone", Hanbin spoke on behalf of everyone but Matthew simply huffed and glared,

"Isn't it a good thing? your friend is close to your boss. I can help you when you are in trouble"

Ricky Massaged his temples and said, " Hey, if you are doing this to take advantage of him then quit it. Based on what Hanbin hyung said, he has a painful past. He trusts you now so much, you can't let him down"

" come on bro. Do you really think my brain would come up with something so complex? Though I'm a master in gaming, my brain isn't that high functioning", the older laughed it off.

" Then what are you doing Hyung?", Gyuvn questioned the obvious to which Gunwook also chimed in, " Right"

Matthew took a long time to think. He thought of endless possibilities of what they could be but came to an obvious conclusion,

" My voice helps him to sleep, that's it"

Groaning unimpressed his friends advised seriously, " If that's what you think then you should keep your distance from your boss. Don't go too deep, got it?"

Gyuvin continued coyly," Calling each other every night or changing yourself for the other person is something I do for Ricky only. And he and I are boyfriends. but you guys are an intern and CEO...right?"

Matthew's face by then was looking so confused, after awkwardly shifting his eyes he quickly shut them p by saying," Come on, let's clean up and practice for our upcoming tournament"

-

The Next day Matthew arrived late to his workplace alone, He greeted his team leader as usual and sat down calmly to do his work. Noticing Hanbin was absent Hao curiously asked," Is Hanbin not coming? He often takes sick leaves, how is he doing?"

" Depressive disorder, He must go see the doctor as scheduled. He's been doing a lot better lately though, His doctor reduced the meds he's been taking", Matthew answered indifferently still his eyes glued on his monitor.

" How did he.. you know.. got diagnosed?"

" Not my story to tell, it's about his parents", Matthew replied slowly squinting his eyes. After an hour or so of texting someone, Hao tapped repeatedly on the table unconsciously till he got a response.

Hao slowly turned his head toward Matthew giving him puppy eyes," You see, my mother has been admitted to the hospital and I need to accompany her to the appointment, Is it possible for you to cover my shift? all you have to do is collect a parcel"

Matthew checked his work and saw that it was almost completed so he agreed to it as Hanbin was not present today to nag him.

" Are you sure you'll be okay? It's about to rain"

" I'll be fi-"

"Thank you", Hao didn't even wait for his response and dashed out.

"-ne, Sheesh he's in a rush"

It was pretty late when the parcel arrived, almost everyone left the office by that time. After shutting down the system and packing his stuff Matthew quickly exited the building and found that a familiar sleek black Porsche was waiting for him at the entrance of the parking lot.

" What are you waiting for get in the car, I'll take you to your home"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n- Again vote, comment, and well...keep reading