Chapter 8

Lillith pulls up to the campground and turns off the ATV before swinging her body with ease to get off it. She waits until all the ATVs pull up and turn off before she waves her hand around. "This will eventually be a training camp for the Academy, for now it will be where you are staying. You will obviously have to group up. There are still some parts that need to be repaired that I will get to eventually but it's livable so you'll be fine. I've already set up your solar panels so you have some electricity and there is water in the tanks. If you are thirsty there is some sun tea in those jars," she waved her hand to point out the jars on the porches holding dark brown liquid. "A couple of the cabins are two bedrooms and the others are three, I'm not your mother, you can figure out sleeping arrangements between yourselves. Now that I know how many of you there are, I will be back with some food. Here are the keys."

She pulled the ring of keys from her belt loop and tossed them to the guy closest to her. The Native American that knew how to show respect to her wolves was closest to her so he was the one to catch the keys.

"Should one of us come with you to help carry the food?" The man with one blue eye and one green eye asked. "That way you don't have to make multiple trips?"

She groaned when she realized that he was right. "Fine."

"I'll go with you as well," the one that had blonde hair and brown eyes smiled brightly. She really wanted to roll her eyes, he looked like a damn model. She seriously doubted he would last long out here. "I'm Luke by the way and this is Marc."

"Don't care," she mumbled as she got back on her ATV. "Lucifer, Hercules, Nyx thanks, I'll see you around, happy hunting." The wolves howled and then took off into the trees.

"Neat pets," one of the identical twins whistled.

She glared at him, "Wolves aren't pets," she corrected. "They are wild animals. Just because they have formed a bond with me doesn't make them my pets. I respect them and in turn, they respect and protect me. I'm not a naive white girl, I know they are wild animals and would never try to change who they are just because I gave them names. Make that mistake around here and it can kill you. Don't be an idiot if you value your life."

She turned on the ATV and headed back to her place. Luke and Marc looked at the group then got on the ATVs and took off in the same direction.

"Well, this is certainly going to be interesting," Nathan chuckled as Axel started going through the various keys trying to find the correct ones for each cabin.

"Wow, I was not fucking expecting this," Gabe exclaimed as he walked into the first three-bedroom cabin. "I thought Uncle said these were abandoned."

"Uncle did say they were working on repairing these," North reminded him, "plus he probably sent supplies down ahead of time to help make it more livable."

"Yeah, well, guess let's fucking see what's in these damn boxes," Gabe said as he took the knife Raven held out to him, "Thanks, Big Man." He opened the box in front of him, "Towels, alright, Nate, find the damn bathroom and here."

Meanwhile

Lillith parked her ATV and started walking over a small shed-looking building. "How can we help?" Marc asked as he hurried over to her. She unlocked the padlock and swung open the door. Reaching inside she grabbed a milk carton-looking box and handed it to him.

"Go shopping," she swung her arm and Marc peered inside.

"Wow a root cellar," he smiled in amazement as he started descending down the stairs.

"You," she pointed to Luke, "you scared of chickens?"

"Um, no?" he asked in confusion.

She smirked, "Good, then go get some fresh eggs. Here," she reached inside the root cellar and came back with a basket and a small blanket inside it. "Don't let them out or you will be the one chasing them down."

"You down there grab as many jars of eggs as you need. They are in a lime solution so they don't go back and are not pickled. Just make sure you rinse them or they will have a slight lime taste to them," she called down the stairs.

"Lillith you home!" a voice called out making her freeze. Luke turned around from where he stood and Marc quickly climbed the stairs.

"Shit," she mumbled as she turned around then smiled. "Mr. Harrison, how are you and the missus doing?"

The man hobbled over to her with a proud smile on his face. He was clearly in his eighties or nineties as she hurried over to him. "We are just fine, my dear. Oh, you have company, that's so nice. Am I bothering you?"