09. Reconcile

𝑴𝒊𝒅𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒔
that word is enough to make the schedule of students changed so much. From all the happy night and drinking session between the circle of friends, groupmates, classmates or even clubmates are changed into a night full of students reading their notes, reviewing with some kind of energy drinks and a lot of coffee beside them. Student suddenly became all-nighters; their sleep time decreased too from sleeping 8 hours or more, it suddenly became a night with 1 to 2 hours sleep and the rest of the night was for reviewing.

It was hell for all the students. Midterms was very crucial for all of them.

Even for the doc trio and engineering gang. The couples rarely had their dates, the circle of friends rarely go to billiards or in the bar. Forth even hates how he can't even visit Beam in his dorm since Beam told him not to go if he will just distract him from studying.

Forth knows that the midterms is important for Beam so even if he hates it, he did it. He will take his dibs after the hell midterms.

“Pha?” Phana looks at Kit when Kit waves his hand in front of him. They are in the cafe now but Phana didn't even eat anything in the table nor drink his coffee. It's been almost half an hour since they got here. Phana's mind is full of Mingkwan—the way Mingkwan looked at him that night and everything Mingkwan say that night in the bathroom. It keeps on repeating on Phana's mind and it makes him distracted. He knows it's not his fault that Kit and Wayo was there that time when he picked up Mingkwan in his dorm but he doesn't like what he feels right now. There's a guilt even tho he didn't do anything. No one was at fault but he is kind of blaming himself.

That night after Mingkwan left him inside. He stayed there for few minutes thinking on how to apologize to the younger one but when he walked out he never saw Mingkwan. Even in the corner of the room or in the kitchen. Mingkwan left already that's what Beam said to him when he asked them.

Phana doesn't have a choice, he walked closer to Kit again and take a seat beside his friends and continue to drink while still trying to contact Mingkwan by sending him texts and calls. Mingkwan didn't answer, he never even seen his messages.

Even after that night, Saturday and Sunday, he tried to contact him and go to his dorm but Mingkwan always close the door for him, not letting him apologize or explain his sides.

— — —
Phana was walking towards Mingkwan's dorm with two pair of ramen in his hand. He will ask Mingkwan to eat ramen with him. He knocked on the door 5 times and Mingkwan opened it.

Mingkwan looks like he is in the middle of reviewing when he knocked. Mingkwan opened the door with a messy hair and can't describes expression on his face. His eyes was swollen, he cried. Phana knows he is because of those red little tiny lines in his eyes. Phana noticed it.

A guilt eats Phana's system. He gulps, he was about to say something but Mingkwan cut him by closing the door now.

Phana nearly got hit by the door. Thankfully, he stepped backwards by reflex when the door nearly slap his face. He can't believe it, he stares at the door confusedly and then knocked on it again.

“Mingkwan! Please open the door. Let's talk.”

“Open the door, Mingkwan.”

“I brought you food. Open up, Mingkwan.”

He keeps on saying those sentence, telling Mingkwan to open the door but the younger one didn't. He was about to knock again when someone opened the door, the unit beside Mingkwan. A boy appeared, annoyed was seen in his face.

“Hey, stop knocking on the door.” he is reading some books when a loud knocked distract him from reading. “If that person didn't open the door then please let him. Geeez, you are not only disturbing his time but also the people beside his unit.”