One.

STUCK
01x01

~

Naiyvee Lopez walked back outside of the firehouse as they had just finished bringing the ladder, engine and aid car in from their previous call.

"New guy!" Vic shouted from beside Naiyvee.

"Yo." He said. He finished directing a car before jogging over to the two women.

"Gonna need you to devon the rest of these hand lines." Vic said.

"Yeah, um." He chuckled. "You-you know i'm not exactly new. I've been working here full-time for a couple of weeks now. I chose to stop being a surgeon. I mean, i've- i've held actual beating hearts in my hand." He chuckled again.

Vic looked him up and down, not saying anything and Naiyvee tapped her foot on the floor, impatiently.

"Look, all I'm saying is that i'm not some clueless kid who doesn't understand hard work and discipline. I can do more than just clean hoses." He finished.

"Yeah. Sure thing, New Guy. Follow us." Vic said as she turned around and started walking with Naiyvee.

"Also, i have a name." He said before following the two. Naiyvee opened the door to the turnout room and stepped to the side for Vic and Ben to walk through.

"Do these as well. Clean 'em. Hang 'em. Oh, and one of them has a hole, so you'll need to patch that up." Vic informed.

"Um, which one has the hole?" Ben asked. Vic scoffed.

"You're not new?" She asked rhetorically before walking backwards out the door. She cupped her hands around her mouth. "Figure it out." She said. Naiyvee followed after Vic.

"You love messing with him, don't you?" Naiyvee chuckled.

"Oh definitely." Vic grinned.

"Fast containment today, sir." Jack said as Naiyvee and Vic walked around the fire truck and passed Maya.

"No casualties. Think that means today might be a Pole day?" Jack asked Pruitt, hopeful.

"You saved a puppy." Pruitt said.

"And a Tiffany." Maya said as Pruitt, Jack and Dean walked passed her. Vic, Naiyvee and Maya all walked behind the three men.

"Puppies and Tiffany's do not equal Pole days." Pruitt said.

"Then what does? 'Cause in the two years i've been here, not once have-" Jack started.

"Gibson! I enjoy your joy. I do. But i will know the perfect Pole day when i see the perfect Pole day." Travis walked out of the bunker room. "Trust me. Today's not it." Pruitt finished before walking away.

"It's so tall and shiny." Travis sighed as he looked at the pole. "Just staring down at us and mocking." He said as Naiyvee, Andy, Vic and Maya joined him at looking up at the pole. "I can feel it mocking."

"What's the point in having a fire pole if nobody ever gets to use it?" Maya asked. They all looked at each other before looking back at the fire pole.

~

Naiyvee met Andy on the first day she came to Seattle where she also met Ryan Tanner. Whenever Naiyvee was in Seattle she would do everything with Andy even if she was only there on the school holidays.

Naiyvee was born in Barbados and lived there until she was five years old and then moved to England because of her dads job and when she turned ten, every school holiday she had, her family would go to seattle to visit her older sister, Alesha, who moved there to become an intern at Seattle Grace and when Naiyvee was eighteen, just after she finished college, her and her mom, Mel moved to Seattle to get away from her father and be with her sister.