06. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦

Arabella, Damon, and Alaric all got into Alaric's car. "Okay, so here's what I'm thinking..." Damon began to explain his plan to ruin the sacrifice, but Arabella was not listening. The heretic had zoned out, and began to think about the man she just met minutes before. "Arabella! Are you even listening?" Damon snapped his fingers in front of Arabella's face. "Like what the hell is going on with you? Ever since we ran into Klaus you've been acting weird." Damon asked once again.

"I'm fine, Damon." Arabella tried to sound as believable as she could, but she did not even believe the words that fell from her mouth. The truth was Arabella was everything but fine. For over a century she had wondered who was the man from her dream, and she just found out who it was. It was the devil himself.

"We're here." Alaric announced as he pulled into his apartment complex. The three of them got out of the car and headed inside. Alaric and Damon were talking on the way inside, but Arabella took no interest into the conversation.

As Alaric was unlocking his apartment door, Damon leaned over towards the heretic. "What the hell is going on with you? You didn't even have a smart ass remark to saw to Klaus, so I know something is going on with you." Damon was confused about his best friend's behavior, she was not being herself at all.

"Damon, I said I'm fine." Arabella snapped back. She was not ready to tell Damon that Klaus was the man from her dream, or the feeling she felt when their eyes locked.

"You've been acting weird from the moment you saw Kla-" Damon stopped his sentence mid way through, everything clicked. "Klaus is the guy from your dream, isn't he?" The vampire asked with wide eyes, looking for an answer in Arabella's expression. When Arabella did not answer, the oldest Salvatore brother knew right then.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back." The vampire doppelgänger spoke as Alaric opened the apartment door.

"Well, somebody had to invite them in." Alaric responded. "Damon, Arabella, would you guys like to come in."

Alaric's invitation allowed Arabella and Damon to enter. As Damon walked inside, Katherine rushed over to him. "Are you trying to get me killed?"

Damon pushed Katherine against the wall. "I gave you vervain, now I'm here to collect. I got it from here, Rick." Damon turned to look at Arabella. "Go find Stefan and Elena, Bels. You two stop Elena from handing herself over."

Arabella nodded and rushed out of the room.
As Arabella rushed to the Salvatore house, she could not shake the feeling that ran through her body the moment Klaus and her locked eyes. She could not describe it, but it ran through her whole body and consumed her whole. Arabella had arrived to the Salvatore house before Alaric, and she noticed that Stefan's car was gone, indicating that him and Elena had gone somewhere.

"Marnie, where's Stefan and Elena?" Arabella asked as she entered the house. Marnie was sitting on the couch, reading a book.

"Stefan took Elena somewhere for the day." Marnie answered as she looked up at the heretic, and instantly she could tell something was wrong. "Arabella, are you okay?"

"No I'm not." Arabella answered as she took a seat next to Marnie on the couch. "Klaus is the guy from my dream." She admitted in a whisper.

"What?!!" Marnie asked with wide eyes. "Oh my god!"

"Please, Marnie; keep it down." Arabella shushed her best friend.

"I'm sorry." Marnie sent a sheepish smile towards the heretic. "But that's just crazy, Arabella. I mean, Klaus out of all people is the guy from your dream, and he flirted with you when he was in Alaric's body. Ugh! I love this." Marnie rambled on, but she earned a confused look from Arabella. "You said you felt you needed to be here, Arabella. This is your reason why."