10. 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘱 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨

[A/N: this chapter will mention child abuse and suggestions of sexual assault]

A few weeks had passed since Klaus, Arabella, and Stefan began their roadtrip to find werewolves to turn into hybrids. In those few weeks, Stefan had fallen more into his blood addiction, Arabella still bullied Klaus, the feeling of a witch being in their presence grew, Damon had began to track the three, and Klaus had started to fall for the heretic. "Ray Sutton!" The girl pleaded for her life as Klaus held her against the wall. "He has a house in Tennessee where he goes once a month!"

"Thank you, sweetheart." Klaus smiled at the girl as he let go of her, sending her falling onto the ground. "Stefan, take care of this one." He ordered as he walked out of the house. Stefan walked up to the girl as Arabella began to walk out of the house, but Arabella could hear the screams from the girl as ripper Stefan began his work. At first, Arabella tried to protect Stefan as much as he could, but it was no use, Klaus never let Arabella do the killing. It could only be Stefan.

"What's the plan now?" Arabella asked as she got into the passenger's seat of the car. The tension between the heretic and hybrid grew stronger each day that even Stefan began to pick up on the connection between the two.

"We're gonna go back to the motel and then in the morning, we'll head to Tennessee." Klaus answered as the two Stefan walk out of the house covered in blood. The youngest Salvatore got into the car in silence. Klaus put the car in drive and drove back to the sixth motel that the three were staying at.

The hybrid pulled into a parking spot at the motel and got out of the car, and Stefan and Arabella followed behind. "Can I talk to Arabella alone?" Stefan asked as they reached their designated rooms. Klaus sighed but nodded as he entered his and Arabella's room. Stefan and Arabella went inside Stefan's room. Arabella yet again spelled the room so Klaus could not hear their conversation. "What the hell is going on between you and Klaus?" Stefan glared at the heretic, knowing there was something going on between the two.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Arabella snapped back with anger. "You can't seriously believe something is going on!"

"I see the way he looks at you, Arabella!" Stefan argued as a wave of anger washed over him. "He obviously has a thing for you!"

"If you think I have fallen for him, you're insane!" Arabella argued, but deep down, Arabella did not know if she had slowly started to fall for the heartless hybrid.

Stefan let out a sigh before speaking. "I'm sorry, Ara." He knew Arabella was right, she was too smart to fall for Klaus.

"It's fine, Stef." Arabella smiled at the young Salvatore. "How are you holding up?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"I'll be okay." Stefan tried to make himself sound convincing, but it was no use. The youngest Salvatore was slipping off the edge more and more with each day. "But get some rest, Ara." Stefan smiled as he brought the heretic in for a hug.

"Let me know if you need me." Arabella hugged Stefan back before pulling away. Arabella gave one last smile towards the vampire before walking out of the room and walking into the room next to his. The heretic glanced at the sleeping hybrid and let out a sigh before grabbing a T-shirt and shorts and walking towards the bathroom. As Arabella changed into different clothes, her mind wondered to the conversation she just had with Stefan. The heretic did not know if she was telling the truth about not falling for Klaus, but even if she wasn't, she would never allow herself to give in to her attraction towards the hybrid.

The heretic walked out of the bathroom and over towards the bed. Over the weeks that Klaus and Arabella had shared a room, she became comfortable with sharing a bed with the hybrid. Arabella got herself comfortable in the bed before slowly closing her eyes and allowing herself to drift off to sleep.