I'm Here, Fizz

TRIGGER WARNING: Child Abuse, Overthinking

*** Fizzarolli's PoV ***

I walk off the stage and stretch up to Ozzie's box, where Asmodeus is waiting for me, clapping quietly. I smile softly and go to sit on his lap.

"Good job, Froggy," Ozzie whispers. "You ready to go home?"

I nod and he gets up with me in his arms.

He opens a portal to his house and steps through, straight into his bedroom.

Ozzie walks over to the bed and sets me down, then walks over to the closet. He stays in there for a minute and comes out in his robe.

"Do you want to shower, Fizzy?"

I sigh. "Sure."

I slide off the bed and wander over to the bathroom. I get to the shower and turn on the hot water. I remove my makeup and take off my clothes, then slip into the steaming shower.

The warm water cascades off my head and down my back. I scrub at my body and rinse off, lingering in the warmth of the water for a few minute after I was clean. After letting some of the water drip off of me, I step out of the shower and start to dry off.

You're a fucking failure. You're never going to ammount to anything. Maybe you are better off dead. Ozzie doesn't love you, you're a burden to him. He doesn't want you; You're too broken for him.

Tears prick at my eyes as the thoughts keep coming. I pull on my robe and stagger blindly into the bedroom. The tears are streaming down my face at this point and I crawl into bed, facing away from Ozzie.

"Fizz, baby, what's wrong?" Asmodeus asks upon seeing me so far from him.

I sniffle. "Nothing, I'm fine, Oz."

Asmodeus sighs, "Froggy, you're not fine. Why are you upset? You know you can talk to me, right?"

I sniffle and crawl over to Ozzie. He pulls me into his arms and cradles me the way one would with a baby.

"Do you love me, Ozzie? Be honest, ok?" I mumble.

"Oh, Fizzy! Of course I love you. Why are you asking?" Ozzie reassures.

"I'm just overthinking everything and it's not stopping. I don't want you to leave me!" I cry as I cling to him.

He holds me closer. "Baby, I'm never going to leave you, ok? I promise you that, on my reputation as a Sin."

I relax a bit when he says this and, slowly, I drift off to sleep.

"Fizzarolli! Again!" Cash screams as he hits me over the head. "Are you slow, or something? Get up!"

I whimper and hold my head as I stand up and jump back on the ball. I begin my juggling act and do all sorts of tricks before hopping off and bowing.

"Better. Blitzo! You could learn a few things from Fizzarolli, you useless piece of shit!" Cash smacks Blitzo, hard.

The dream starts to shift.

"Happy birthday, Fizz!" Barbie says as she hugs me tightly.

"Thanks, Barb. Where's Blitzo?" I ask.

FWOOSH!

Flames start spreading accross the tent and people start screaming and running everywhere. I'm rooted to the spot and my head starts spinning.

A beam starts to collapse and I jump out of the way. I start crawling away, and I'm almost to safety-

Boom!

Searing pain shoots through my body and I'm sent careening through the air, landing with a painful thud against the dirt. I'm on fire and I that's when I see Blitzo.

He looks at me and horror passes over his face. He starts to run towards me when a firefighter picks him up and carries him off, kicking and screaming.

I try to scream, but my voice isn't working.

Arms lift me up and carry me out of the hellzone that was once a circus, my home.

I feel a sharp stabbing pain in my gut and everything goes black.

*** Asmodeus' PoV ***

Fizz had fallen asleep, so I laid him beside me in bed. I laid down and cuddled close to him. 

After a few minutes, I manage to fall asleep.

A few hours later, I wake up to a wet feeling by my side. I sit up and turn on the lamp on the bedside table. That's when I see that Fizz had wet himself.

I pick him up and rock him slowly in my arms. He's whimpering and I realise that Fizzarolli is having a nightmare.

"Shh, you're ok, Fizz. I've got you," I whisper as he continues to struggle.

It's been a while since FIzz has had a nightmare. I continue to hold him until he shakes himself awake.

"Daddy?" Fizz whimpers.

"I'm here baby. Daddy's here. I've got you," I soothe as I stroke his head.

I let him try to calm himself down for a few minutes, then I decide I need to get him changed.

"Baby, is it ok if I get you cleaned up?" I ask.

He nods and lets me carry him to the bathroom.

"Do you want to take a bath, or do you want to shower with me?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything, he just holds onto me tighter. I guess he's nonverbal right now, which is fine.

I start the shower and wait for the water to heat up. While I wait, I send for one of the servants to change the bed sheets.

"Of course, sir. Right away."

I step into the shower with Fizz and start to wash him off. He doesn't fight me and lays limp in my arms.

After we're both clean, I dry us off and carry Fizz back to bed. The sheets have been changed and the new blankets are folded neatly at the foot of the bed.

I grab a blanket and cover Fizzy and I up, still holding him. I hold him like this for a few hours before we eventually both fall back asleep.

(938)

=============================

Hello! So sorry that it's been a bit since I last updated. I'll try to get more out before this weekend. Have an amazing day/night, my little gremlins.

-Alastor