I'm Here, Little One

*** Y/N's PoV ***

There are so many toys! I've never seen so many toys, even when I was alive. A particular teddy bear catches my eye and I look at Vox to see if I can take it. He looks at me and smiles.

"You can have that, babes. It's for you," Vox says. "Is it ok if we go shopping in a little bit, bub? I wanna get you set up before dinner tonight."

I just stare at him, not really understanding what he asked. I grab the teddy bear, knowing he said I could have that.

"Dadda, wook!" I say as I hold up the bear.

He chuckles a bit. "Yeah, that's a bear. Can you say bear?"

"Beaw!"

He ruffles my hair. "Good job, baby. Now, let's  go get you some more clothes and supplies."

Vox picks me up and sets me on his hip.

"Let's go, little one. Val's waiting for us."

*** Vox's PoV ***

I was caught severely off guard when he called me "Dadda." I was not expecting him to say something like that so soon. He must have had it rough for him to grow attached this quickly. I decided to ask him when he's out of headspace.

I carry him to the garage, where Val and Velvette are already waiting in the car. I hop in the back seat with Y/N and let Velvette drive. (I don't trust Val's blind ass, especially with a little in the car.)

She speeds off into town at a breakneck pace. "Vox, where are we going?"

"Uh, the mall I guess. There's a little store there and we can find him clothes, so I think that's our best bet," I respond.

Velvette just nods in response and makes a sharp left turn at the next light.

After a few minutes of reckless driving, we reach the mall. Velvette and Val get out and he picks her up.

"Val, put me down! I'm not little!" She protests, squirming and writhing in his arms.

"Cariño, you might get lost. You might slip while we're in there. I don't want to lose you, amorcito. Stay with me, ok?" Val croons.

His smooth tone of voice was enough to get her to slip immediately. I chuckle as I unbuckle Y/N and set him on my hip.

"Dadda? Whewe awe we?" Y/N asks.

"We're at the mall, cariño," Val replies.

Fear filled the boy's eyes and I could tell he was fighting his headspace.

"Hey, hey, shh, you're ok. You can be little, Y/N. Nobody's going to judge you or hurt you, dear. I promise," I whisper, bouncing him gently in my arms.

"Baby, if you fight your headspace, you'll get hurt. Just relax, I won't let anyone near you," Valentino advises.

What Val says seems to catch his attention and he calms down a little bit.

"'m sowwy, Dadda," he murmurs.

"Don't apologize, baby cakes. It's ok to be scared," I say as I open the door for Val and Velvette.

We walk into the mall and I feel Y/N's grip tighten around my neck.

"Shh, you're safe," I soothe.

Clearly, he's never been little in public before. It's ok, we are going to fix that.

As we're walking through the mall, my phone starts to buzz.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Have you seen Alastor? He's not returning my calls and I'm starting to worry," Rosie asks.