ֶָ֢𝟢𝟢𝟧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ 
- 𝔤𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰 -

                                 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ                               - 𝔤𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰 -

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jungkook sat in the dimly lit room, surrounded by other members of the Black Rabbits. Each man sat on their own, not bothering to make conversation or even make eye contact with one another. They all knew the unspoken rule – in this business, trust no one, not even your own comrades. It was every man for himself, and Jungkook was used to it by now.

As the minutes ticked by, Jungkook grew more and more bored. They had been summoned by their boss for a reunion, but so far, there had been no mission or job for them to do. It was unusual for the boss to call them together for no reason, and the tension in the room was palpable.

Finally, the boss entered the room, donning his signature white eye mask to hide his identity. The men immediately fell silent and turned to face their leader. The boss gestured for them to look at him, and everyone complied, their senses on high alert.

'No mission for today,' the boss announced in a distorted voice, indicating that he was using a voice-altering device. Some of the men exchanged curious glances – the boss never called them together without a job to do.

'Someone's joining us today. Come in already,' the boss said mechanically, and everyone turned to face the crusty door behind their leader. A man walked in, tall and dressed in a long black coat with a turtleneck. A soft fringe slightly parted and then- Jungkook's heart rate immediately spiked when his gaze lowered to the man's dragon-like eyes scanning the room warily.

That couldn't be, could it? He was not standing there. He was not looking him right there. That was his mind's projection, a mere illusion created by the accumulation of stress and annoyance, of constant assuming and waiting. But the man standing few seats from him without any doubt, was police officer Kim Namjoon.

Jungkook couldn't believe it – he was the only one who saw Namjoon's true look, without the glasses and uniform. He'd also put on a mask during interviews and never really shared full face pictures, that, to preserve his safety from those he was after. That might have made a coward out of him for many, but it was indeed a good point. When you're in a certain position, dealing with certain individuals, you had to be cautious or you could get attacked while taking the trash out.

Now the man looked different but still radiate that very same aura Jungkook felt the last time they crossed paths, when he had managed to escape after making a false promise to provide information, or more precisely when he saw him leaving a tip on the counter. It was unmistakable,  amusing even, how the air changed whenever Mr.Kim showed up and Jungkook smelled that very familiar energy.

Now he was everything but amused at the situation. In fact he was furious, conflicted even.

Jungkook clenched his fists in the pockets of his stripped jeans, trying to contain his panic and fear. How had Namjoon managed to infiltrate their organization? Did they realise who that was? How had he bypassed all their security measures? Just how the hell was he standing there unharmed?