Chapter 36

Everyone met the new baby with a smile. She was really lucky to have been born into a family where everyone loves her incredibly.

I fear that the guy who ever hurts her won't live to see another day in future because her dad and brother and chachu's are possessive and maybe a little too much.

I informed Yuvika and she, too, was really happy about it.
Vihaan got really happy and said he would never let anyone else near her.

It was a really, really happy day.

"Let's go to my house today" Krish said.

We were in the car, going back to our place. Vihaan wasn't crying anymore so Kartik said that he'll take him from there.

"I've never been to your place" I said.
Krish was my neighbor and we used to go to each others house all the time. But since he moved away, I had no idea where he stayed. Just that he owned an apartment and a penthouse here.

But I've never been there.

Without saying another word, he took a left. Totally opposite to the way my house is. Oh, I guess we're going to his place then.

It could be just that we haven't seen each other in some time and he's tired but I feel like he's acting strange. I know maybe I'm thinking too much but his kiss didn't feel like the way it did before.

It was full of love but...there was something else.

I'm probably overthinking. It's nothing, right?

All the way to his house, my mind wandered to when Vaishnavi said that her boyfriend cheated on her during a business trip.

It wasn't exactly a business trip but...
Shut up Anika.
He'd never cheat on me. He. would. never. cheat. on. me.

Like always, he opened my door before I could do it myself. It almost made me feel guilty that he is still the same person he has been and I'm questioning whether he's cheating on me or not.

He locked the car and I looked at his penthouse.
It was big. Bigger than my house and also had a fountain at the entrance.

His car stood in the garage and with a single click on the button on the wall, the garage door closed and he opened the door adjoining the house to the garage.

"I've never shown you this house, have I?" He asked and I shook my head as 'no'

He extended his hand towards me and I accepted it. He brought it close to his lips and kissed my knuckles.
He looked at the ring for a few seconds before saying:

"It looks beautiful on you"

I couldn't think of a reply so instead I just smiled.

He first showed me the living room, then the lounge. There was a small bar at the corner as well. There was also a glass sculpture curved into a weird shape that looked just right in its place.

He then moved forward to the kitchen and showed me the weird technology it had.

We went upstairs and he didn't leave my hand for even a second. He told me there's his parents room, sara's room, guest room and his room.

The balcony was magnificent. It had a well structured glass roof and chairs underneath with a fireplace and a pool table.

"Do you know how to play?" He asked me, taking a stick that was kept in the stand.

"No" I confessed.

"Well that's about to change" He said and handed me the pool cue.