16

"STOP!"Sabrina loudly yelled at the peacekeepers

"STOP!"Sabrina loudly yelled at the peacekeepers."He didn't do anything!"

Sabrina stared at Finnick who was on his knees as the peacekeepers threw punches at him. Finnick fought the urge of screaming in pain as a way of not letting them see vulnerability.

Sabrina was tied to a chair,her face bruised as she cried and watched them beat Finnick up.

"That's what happens when you refuse serving my customers."

"SABRINA!" A loud yell brought Sabrina Everhart from her sleep. She lunged upwards,raising her fists in alarm and dropping them as quickly when she saw her brother.

Max's black hair was messy and his eyes were tired as he held his sister by her shoulders.

"I'm sorry." Sabrina apologized,frowning."I can't really sleep alone anymore."

"That's okay."Max offered the best assuring smile he could,but Sabrina saw straight through it. Max didn't know how to help his sister. It's been a month since the games came to an end,each day getting worse for Sabrina. Max did his best,but some things were out of his hands."When's Finnick coming back from the Capitol?"

"Today,I think." Sabrina said as she sat up,rubbing her temple."If Snow doesn't find another customer for him,that is."

Ever since Sabrina was taken out of the arena,she's only seen Finnick once and that was when she woke up and found him next to her bed. Finnick embraced her in silence and got into bed with her. 

Sabrina never spoke and Finnick never asked. They never adressed the fact Sabrina killed people and tortured them,they never adressed the fact Snow was so cruel and angry at them that  he let her miscarry and loose Finnick's child alone. 

Apparently,Snow ordered to the gameskeepers to hold back from announcing her win as soon as she fell onto the tree behind her. Sabrina felt sick when Billie told her,and she felt even more sick when Billie told her Snow had a few customers she'd need to serve this month.

But,Finnick came to her aid. Finnick made a deal with Snow to push all the meetings,interwievs and parties Sabrina was supposed to attend-he also made him push the crowning of the victor. Finnick made Snow let him serve the customer's she was supposed to serve. 

Finnick sacrificed himself for her in an attempt to let her recover from all the trauma she came home with.

And Sabrina failed.

***

Sabrina opened Finnick's closet and took out one of his beige jumpers. She took out a pair of his sweatpants and dressed herself in his clothes.

Sabrina left her house and walked towards the beach with a blanket thrown over her shoulders,slowly walking.

She had a day left in district four. Then she'd be back on the train to the Capitol,hurried for an interwiev with Ceaser and then she was supposed to move into the Victor's Village with Max.

Sabrina never realized how much she loved home until this day. The streets were full of children running around and playing,their laughs always bringing Sabrina back to reality and away from Calvin's screams that echoed through her ears.

Sabrina loved looking at the sky,she loved the golden echo the sun brought onto the beach. During nighttime,Sabrina would look at the stars from her window. Then she'd get into bed,stare at the cieling until sleep consumed her.

Sabrina woke up every day despite not wanting to and got up,ate,went to the beach,spent a whole day there and went back home. Then Max would force her to eat dinner and Sabrina would take a few bites before mumbling a goodnight and going into her bedroom to continue her daily cycle.

Sabrina didn't do anything useful on the beach,she only stared at the waves and thought of Finnick.

She would be eternally grateful for Finnick,for what he did to her. She knew that if Finnick had let Snow immidieatly throw Sabrina into politics and  the same prostitution he went through,Sabrina would probably be hanging off a lamp post in the Victors Village.

But,Sabrina couldn't help but be scared of Finnick despite missing him so much. Would he be dissapointed that she used the one month he gave her to sulk around district four and barely eat instead of getting closure?

Sabrina layed her blanket onto the sand and flopped down,bringing her knees to her chest and staring out towards the waves.

Meanwhile at the Everhart household

Finnick Odair knocked on the door of their house,waiting patiently for it to open.

The door creaked open and Max Everhart stood there,looking very tired and hopeless.

"Finnick,hey."Max opened the door further to let him in. Finnick walked into the house,eyeing Max in suspiscoun."How was the capitol?"

Finnick ignored his question and walked through the house,inspecting it. Clothes were thrown over the floor,Sabrina's bow and arrow layed broken on the floor to her room.

Finnick ignored Max's voice as he opened Sabrina's room and was greeted by a disgusting smell and more clothes over the floor. He walked around,careful not to step on any clothes as he picked up shreds of glass.

"I'm sorry,Finnick."Max sighed from the doorway."She's lost. I tried,I really did but..."He shook his head,tears in the eyes he shared with his sister.

"Where is she?"Finnick asked instead of reassuring Max. Max sighed and nodded.

"At the beach."