Chapter 6/ Preparations!

SMG4 POV:

I wake up the next day to a few texts from Smg3.

(8:25am) SMG3: hi

(8:25am) SMG3: You said you'd help me practice for the contest thingy, and it's just a few days away

(8:27am) SMG3: So like if you're ever available this morning, can you come over? The cafe opens at like 3 so... yk whenever

I check the time, 8:42am. I quickly respond to the texts.

(8:42am) SMG4: Of course. I'll be over in around 30 minutes.

SMG3 IS TYPING....

(8:42am) SMG3: K, thanks

I start getting dressed then hear a knock at the door. I frantically throw my clothes on and try to look partially decent in case it's Smg3. I head over to the door and open it.

It's Karen, holding Beeg Smg4.

"Here's your kid." She hands him to me and I hug him.

"Beeg! Thank you so much for watching him while I was away. Hang on." I run inside then come back with an envelope of cash.

"There you go." I hand Karen the money and she smiles.

"I can watch him anytime, he behaved well... for the most part." Karen waves and walks away.

"I'm so happy you're back!" I lift Beeg Smg4 into the air and over my head. He seems happy too.

"I know you just got back, but I'm going over to Smg3's okay? So do you want to come and play with Eggdog?" He nods excitedly.

I finish getting ready then head over to Smg3's with Beeg. I knock shyly on the door and Smg3 answers a few moments later.

"Hey... I'm glad you came." Smg3 says awkwardly and ushers me inside.

"Of course!" I say as we ride the elevator down to his home. "I said I'd help so... here I am!"

We get out of the elevator and I sit down on Smg3's carpet. He grabs his guitar which he left out and sits down next to me. Eggdog and Beeg happily run around together, thrilled to see each other again.

"So... what are you thinking of playing?" I ask Smg3.

"Maybe... this one?" Smg3 timidly holds up his phone to show the song he chose. It's
* "Counting stars" by OneRepublic.

[ *if you do not agree with this song choice you may imagine it as something else, this is just what I thought would be good. :) ]

"Oh! That seems good, you should show me what you know so far!" I say.

"Well... I only know the lyrics right now..." he admits.

"That's fine." I tell him.

He sits for a second, before closing his eyes. I can understand why, it's hard to know where to look sometimes, and seeing peoples faces can be nerve wracking.

He starts smoothly singing the song, getting nearly every note perfect. He opens one eye every once in a while, to make sure I'm smiling.

One he finishes I clap my hands, and he blushes.

"Whooo! Yeah, that was amazing!" I say excitedly.

"Thank you!" Smg3 smiles. He picks up his acoustic guitar and props up a few papers with chords on them.

☆__________

After about two hours of practicing Smg3 is beginning to really get the guitar part.

"Ugh, I can't focus anymore. I'm so hungry." Smg3 eventually exclaims, throwing down the papers he had been studying.