Part 11/ Roadtrip

SMG3 POV:

"...so I want to take the camper van to go see it. Do you want to come?" Smg4 asks me excitedly.

I'm working at my cafe, and talking to Smg4 while I make coffees. He's telling me about how he wants to go on another trip.

"Ehh... no." I respond.

"What? Why not?" Smg4 asks me.

"I don't think you should be going on any trips! Remember what happened almost two weeks ago-"

"How could I forget?" Smg4 rolls his eyes. "I literally ended up in the hospital Smg3, and you've only reminded me about 1000 times since I got out!"

I stop pouring milk for a moment, feeling a bit hurt, but then snap out of it.

"I don't care! You were JUST sick and-"

"Smg3. I've been better for like a week- I think I can handle going on a road trip." He insists.

"Why did you say you're so keen to do this again?" I ask, as I gather up the drinks onto a tray.

"I really want to go see my favourite comedian perform. I think it would be very cool, and it's only a few hours away!" He follows me as I drop off the orders.

"I don't know..."

"3." He says sternly. "I'm not asking for your permission. I'm going. So do you want to come?"

I stop and look at him.
He looks at me.
Damn it. I really can't talk him out of it.

"Fine! You win... baka. I'll come."

He's so cute when he's being serious.
A look of joy spreads across his face.

"Yay! I knew would!" He exclaims and hugs me.

"Wha-?" I blush, and push him away.

He looks confused.

"Sorry... I just wasn't expecting it..." I explain nervously and hurry back to the counter.

"That's alright!" He follows me, his excitement immediately returning.

"This will be so fun! I was thinking of inviting Meggy, Tari, Mario and Luigi. What do you think?" He asks.

"That sounds alright, but won't that be quite a few people in one camper van?" I worry.

"I think we'll be fine." He assures me, and leans against the counter while I wipe it off with a dishcloth.

He's right, it will be fine. I just won't get much time alone with Smg4...

I go to turn on the water in sink, but it doesn't work.

"Ugh!" I hit the spigot, and not a single drop of water falls out.

"Is your water still broken?" Smg4 asks.

"Yeah- it's been acting up again." I grumble.
"I'll have to call the plumber back."

"So anyways, how long would this trip be?" I ask and change the subject.

"I was thinking we could drive there the morning of the show. We'd arrive in the afternoon to watch it, then sleep in the camper van somewhere that night. The next day we could drive home, and maybe stop some places along the way?" He suggests.

That DOES sound fun...

"Great. When do we leave?" I sigh, and smile.

☆__________

A few days after our conversation, I meet Smg4 in the morning in front of the castle by the camber van.

"I'm getting deja vu from our camping trip." He points out.