Part 9/ OUR friends

[Im not sure if this is needed, but just in case:
!TW! Medical issue/emergency]

SMG3 POV:

No, no, no!!!

I run through the house, searching for Meggy.

Why did Smg4 have to trip like that?!
Why, why, did Meggy have to walk in?!
Why did I run off?!

...I ran off because I'm scared.

Meggy thinks me and Smg4 are dating... what if she tells people? That would surely expose my crush somehow, before I'm ready.

I frantically try to locate Meggy, desperate to talk to her.

I shove a few people out of the way as I make my way through the rooms.

I tried to confess to Smg4 earlier tonight.
But I couldn't do it... Still, I managed to muster up the courage to come out to him instead! And he is completely supportive.

It was all finally going well!

My mind races until eventually I notice Meggy sitting on a chair at a small table, looking uncomfortable and embarrassed.

"Meggy!" I hurry over.

She looks at me and turns red.

"Oh... hi Smg3." She glances around.

"I know what you're thinking. It's not what that looked like! Smg4 just tripped and fell.... And you just happened to walk in..." I awkwardly explain.

Her eyes fill with sudden understanding.

"Ohhhh! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to embarrass you like that- I thought... Well, like, we've joked about you and Smg4 dating..."

It's true, the crew has made many jokes about it before.

"But I never actually believed it!" She laughs. "Neither did anyone else... sorry Smg3. I don't know what I was thinking... that would be crazy!"

"Heh... yeah... crazy." I respond as normal sounding as I can, but really I just want to disappear.

Crazy?
She thinks that would be crazy?

"I hope I didn't ruin your night.. maybe you should tell Smg4 that you cleared this up with me?" She suggests.

"Yeah... I think you're right. I just need to do something first..."

☆__________

I walk normally through the party this time, trying to locate the girl who was playing spin the bottle earlier.

Smg4 was probably right, it would be nice to say something to her.

A bunch of people shoot me nasty looks as I walk by, and I know that they must have seen the incident earlier. I don't mind that much though, I'm fairly used to it.

I keep looking around, until someone bumps into me and spills their cup of soda.

"Agh!" I exclaim as it splashes all over my shoes.

"Oops." The girl says with zero remorse. "Maybe you should watch where you're going next time." She shoots me an evil glare.

I sigh. She did that on purpose.

I shake as much of the sticky drink off my shoes as I can, before continuing to search.

Eventually I see the girl standing by a wall, and approach her. She seems sad.

She notices me coming, and tries to walk away but I call out.

"Wait! Wait, I want to talk to you."

She spins around, and I see she's blushing.

"Why did you embarrass me like that earlier?" She asks suddenly. "And why didn't you just play the game?"