Part 18/Sick day

SMG4 POV:

The next morning I decide to go get coffee at Smg3's cafe.

After I get dressed, I head out towards the establishment.

Once I arrive, it's much busier than normal. I notice Smg3 behind the counter looking rather stressed.

He excuses himself from the counter and hurries to the back room. I follow, and find him leaning against the wall, one hand on his head, looking exhausted.

"Are you okay 3?"I ask, and he predictably jumps.

"Hi honey..." he smiles. "No... I really need to hire employees... this is so stressful..."

Suddenly I get an idea.

"Why don't you let me help today? I can do stuff that doesn't involve making drinks..."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"I mean, I don't have any plans or work today..." I chuckle.

"Well..." Smg3 glances out at the crowd of people. "Okay. Let's do it."

"Are you alright? Your voice sounds different..." I comment.

"Oh yeah, it's just been a bit raspy. Nothing to worry about." He assures me.

"Okay. Let's do this."

I put on a white apron, and we walk back out.

I begin to take orders, and Smg3 makes the drinks. Then after a while I bring all the finished drinks to the tables.

We continue this pattern all morning, and it works pretty well.

I watch Smg3 closely throughout this time.

He's been seeming awfully tired and uncoordinated. Not to mention his raspy voice.

I think he's getting sick.

I try to check in to make sure he's alright every once in a while. But he always assures me that he's fine and shoos me away.

When the last customers leave in the afternoon, Smg3 is clearly relieved.

"Thank you SO much for helping." He hugs me.

"No problem!" I kiss his cheek.

He smiles, but still looks extremely tired. "Thanks... ow." He puts a hand to his head.

"Are you okay?" I ask him worriedly.

"Yeah my head has just been hurting a bit..." he admits.

Once we finish closing up the cafe, he tells me that his head still hurts.

"Hey 3... are you sure you aren't getting sick?" I suggest.

"What? No, of course not!" He replies.

"You sure seem like you are..." I raise my hand to touch his forehead, but he swats it away.

"I'm FINE."

"Okay. At least take something for your headache." I tell him.

"Good idea."

"Oh, and I'm sleeping here tonight. Just in case." I say sternly.

"I can't argue with that. Besides, it'll just prove that I'm not sick." He smirks.

"Sure." I roll my eyes.