Chapter 10: You Were Warned

Kim took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation she knew she needed to have with her children. With resolve in her heart, she motioned for Kris to join her as she made her way out to the living room.

"Kyle, Tammi, Sam," Kim called out, her voice steady but commanding. "Come here, please. We need to talk."

The children gathered around. Their mother's serious tone piqued their curiosity. Kyle's eyes widened as he noticed Kris standing beside their mom, a flicker of apprehension crossing his face.

"I spoke with dad about what happened." Kim's gaze shifted to Kyle, who squirmed under her gaze. His eyes grew wide, a mixture of nervousness and guilt flashing across his face. He had a sinking feeling that he was about to be in trouble. "I have something important to discuss with all of you," Kim began, her gaze firm as she addressed her children. "We've noticed some behavior towards Kris that is completely unacceptable. Teasing him about his accidents, his diapers—it's hurtful and unfair."

Kyle shifted uncomfortably, realizing the gravity of the situation as his mother's words sank in.

"Dad and I have decided that enough is enough," Kim continued, her voice unwavering. "Any teasing or making fun of Kris will not be tolerated. And if any of you choose to continue this behavior, there will be consequences."

A tense silence filled the room as Kim's words hung in the air. Kris stood beside her, a sense of relief filling him up and refueling his spirit.

"Consequences?" Tammi echoed, her brow furrowing in confusion.

"Yes," Kim affirmed, her tone resolute. "Your father has made it clear that if any of you continue to tease Kris about his accidents or his diapers, you will be wearing diapers yourselves. It's time to treat your brother with the kindness he deserves."

Kyle's eyes widened in disbelief, the weight of his mother's words sinking in. He exchanged a nervous glance with Tammi, realizing that their actions had serious repercussions.

"Understood?" Kim asked, her gaze sweeping over her children, her authority unyielding.

The siblings nodded solemnly, a newfound understanding dawning on them as they absorbed their mother's words.

"Good," Kim said, her voice softening slightly. "Now, I want each of you to return to your studies. We'll discuss this further later."

The children nodded, understanding the seriousness of the situation. They dispersed, heading back to the kitchen table to resume their studies. Kim watched them go, a sense of relief washing over her. She hoped that her words had made an impact on them, especially Kyle, who had such a bad habit of embarrassing his younger brother.

As the afternoon wore on, the house was filled with the sounds of pencil scratches on paper and the occasional rustle of a textbook page. Kris focused on his work, feeling a sense of ease as his humiliation ended. He knew his siblings' teasing wouldn't stop overnight, but he hoped his parents' intervention would make a difference.

After another hour or two of studying, the front door creaked open, and their father's voice filled the house. "I'm home!"

Excitedly, the children abandoned their books and rushed to greet their father. Kevin smiled as he was bombarded with hugs and stories about their day. He tousled Kyle's hair and praised Tammi for her progress in math. Sam clung to his leg, chattering away about her drawings.

Kim emerged from the kitchen. "Welcome home, dear," she said, kissing Kevin's cheek.

"Thanks, honey," Kevin replied, returning her kiss. "Smells like dinner is almost ready."