I'll Wait For You, My Sweet

The castle suddenly froze with winter in the middle of summer. Agnarr immediately ran to the center of the blizzard with Iduna and Anna. When they reached Elsa's bedroom, the door was frozen shut. He pounded on the door, "Elsa! Elsa, darling?! What happened?! Elsa!"

That was when Anna's new friend and constant companion, Ellie, appeared, "I can go in and check on her?"

Agnarr looked at the girl before nodding, "Please,"

Ellie slipped in. After a few tense moment, the door opened with the ghost girl's face white with despair. She couldn't say a word as she was busy trying to handle her own turmoil. Agnarr looked at her before looking at Elsa, worried that a remnant from his father's side of the war had slipped in. Only to find Elsa...collapsed on the floor surrounded by ice. He knelt beside her, "Elsa, dear?"

Elsa looked at him, her face pale as she whispered, "...he's gone..."

Agnarr frowned, "Who?"

She burst into fresh tears, "Danny. My dear Danny. He's gone! Oh, Father! What have I done?" She collapsed into his arms and cries against his shoulder, "What have I done?"

Anna gasped as she looked at Ellie. She whispered, "Oh, Ellie..."

Ellie softly cried the title she never get to call her biological father, "Daddy..."

Iduna sighed as she pulled the girl into her arms, giving her comfort as she ended up wailing. They didn't really understand why their daughters wanted to bring the girl under their protection. But after they were reunited, Elsa and Anna explained a remarkable tale of a boy who died, came back, and became a most unlikely sort of Hero that hardly anyone appreciated. Though he did have friends and allies, they weren't enough to make him stay. Elsa had told him what she had done when he was on the brink of true death. Explaining that she wasn't sure what will happen now that she's far removed from him.

It seemed that the poor boy did not take it well.

For the next few days, Elsa was excused to mourn quietly in her room. Although Agnarr never met Danny, and Elsa's own refusal to expose her location through social media meant that he didn't even know how he looked like, he mourned for him. He only knew how the boy looked like when Elsa created an ice statue of him and stared at him endlessly. At first, he let it be. He even commissioned someone to paint a picture of the boy, dressed him up in military trapping with medals of honor, and had his picture hang beside his family's. Ellie can always be found quietly floating in front of the picture, green eyes wide with ever flowing tears.

However, days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months.

Agnarr sighed as he looked into Elsa's bedroom, the poor girl still staring at Danny's statue. He sat beside her to look at he statue, "Elsa..."

She rasped, "I know...it's not healthy. But..." She blinked out more tears, snow falling from the ceiling as she looked at him, "Father...I didn't know love. But he told he loved me. I didn't know what I feel for him," Her lips trembled and Agnarr could not help the dawning pain as he understood why his death devastated the girl, "I think I love him too...except that..."

Agnarr sighed as pulled his arm around her and pulled her close by the shoulder against him, "My dear Elsa...you have suffered so much. If you had just told me that this Danny could keep you safe, with the length he had gone, I would have let you stay. I would have let you explore more about this feelings he invoked in you,"

Elsa shook her head, "But what about Arendelle? Even if I care, even if I realized that I love him then, I will just end up leaving him,"

Agnarr raised a brow, "What are you talking about, Elsa? This isn't the 1800's where you have to be strict with who you can be with. Yes, as royalty there are only a select few people that you can marry and bring into the family. But I trust you to be able to tell when someone is good enough. Are you telling me that this Danny isn't good enough to join our family?"