chapter one

-𝓲 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝔂, 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓰𝓸-

♥₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

"i pronounce you, king of stardust labyrinth"

the people cheered as the new young king was crowned, four fairies sitting at the front being especially loud, at which the boy immediately glared. not very dark or anything, just his reaction to how they were acting.

the fairies celebrated their new king with a dance and a feast.

he sighed, sitting on his own chair, not feeling like dancing at all. "min, are you okay? come dance with us! it's your big day" the light fairy invited him. "oh, no i'll stay here for now, i'm fine" he smiled at him.

"why is our dance machine just sitting here? come on!" the fire fairy joined.

minho chuckled a bit at his friends trying to get him to dance. "i just ate too much, i can't dance yet. i'll join you later"

"no, seriously what's wrong?" they both sat down beside him. they were very concerned, since minho had always been excited for his coronation day but on the said day, he looked rather gloomy. "i just.. it feels incomplete. something's missing" he finally sighed. "it's the same feeling i got on my sixteenth birthday"

"i didn't get any feeling on my sixteenth birthday" hyunjin stared at the table blankly. "i still haven't"

"well, for me, i felt like something's missing. something really important. and i feel exactly that now." minho stated, resting his chin in his hands. "wasn't it something about love fairies?" felix asked. the king nodded, "well they are pretty important, but nothing we can do since they went extinct.."

"that's exactly the thing, felix, i feel like they're still out there" minho turned to the youngest "i feel like we can save them."

the light fairy blinked twice in confusion.

"ugh, forget it" the earth fairy shook his head.

"hey, sunmi's gonna sing!" seungmin and jeongin ran towards them excitedly "we can't miss it, come on!"

"she's singing with jinyoung"

"oh" their faces fell immediately. "hey, let's go to my new treehouse" minho insisted and they all nodded.

the five fairies snuck out of the place and went to the said treehouse.

"woah, this place is big!" jeongin gasped, looking around. it was indeed very big compared to other treehouses. minho's friends, hyunjin, felix, seungmin and jeongin, lived in one treehouse and still minho's treehouse was still bigger than theirs.

"i'm gonna live by myself here.." minho muttered to himself as his friends walked around.

see, the boy hasn't found his true love either.

it was easy for the royals to find their true love since they were earth fairies, because if one gets the vision and feelings of earth fairies, they can immediately figure out that their true love is a royal.

no one has reported about it yet. about having visions of earth fairies.

minho on the other hand, when he turned sixteen, he only dreamt of love fairies, and when he told the royals, whom he refused to call his family, that he dreamt of love fairies, they told him it's not true, since love fairies went extinct.

it was already a common problem in the fairy realm, for a fairy to be unable to find their true love, ever since the love gem was stolen. no one was able to find their true love properly. so the royals assumed minho wasn't able to find his just yet.

"guys," he called out, and his friends stopped walking around and they all looked at him. "do you want to live with me?"

"are we allowed?" seungmin chuckled "i'm the king now" minho shrugged "but it's not respectful for commoners to live with a royal.. it's sacred so we can't. though we'd love to" the water fairy replied. minho sighed, frowning, "i don't want to live alone.. i haven't even found my true love yet"

"you will, soon! maybe they just haven't turned sixteen yet," hyunjin smiled assuredly, as they all walked up to the oldest. "even if you don't, we'll always be here for you, no matter what. we're your family" felix smiled too and hugged the earth fairy, everyone joining the hug too.

"we love you"

minho smiled, tearing up a bit. "alright, enough" he chuckled and they pulled away. "are you serious about not finding your true love?" jeongin asked.

"yes, i only dreamt of love fairies" he nodded. "the royals kept telling me they're extinct so.. i really don't have hope."

they didn't know what to say. it's actually really hopeless.

but the thing is minho did not say what was in his mind.

he does have hope. and he is determined on finding that love fairy quickly.

-

"we should go home, it's getting late" the fairies got up from the couch, putting away the books they were reading. "it'll be really lonely.." minho sighed. "hey, don't be gloomy. you should relax, you deserve it." "also you're the king now, you can peacefully and happily go to sleep" they smiled, patting his back as they headed to the door.

"you're right, i should. thank you" minho smiled.

"goodnight minho, see you tomorrow" they waved at him and went to their own treehouse.

minho watched as they disappeared in the darkness, he closes the door and walks into his bedroom.

no he did not plan on sleeping.

he looked over at the bookshelves and found a book which provided information for the fairy forest. he planned on looking over all the areas, every corner, until he finds the love fairy.

if he doesn't, he'll go out to the human world and keep searching.

he looked at the map of their forest, then wrote down which places he wanted to go first.

thornwood, frostglade, amaranthia, sunshadow, enchanted hollows, and more.

it was another sleepless night for the new king.