chapter 1

KATELYN'S POV

"Don't worry mom everything is gonna be ok ya just focus on your breathing." "I don't get it, what is wrong with him, the one time I need him he does not even pick up the phone....what if i lose the baby K, i am very scared," "that is not gonna happen ok, i am right here, right? so let's focus on getting an uber first, ya hang in there mom."

Mom and i are currently walking to the main gate of our estate, and she is bleeding. Currently 9:00 pm and am sure the bleeding started earlier, but i didn't pry but i can tell from her pale face. I am trying my best not to show her the weakness i have coz i know it will break her more than this scene right now, is breaking me.

Dad is.... not usually around that much and when he is, he is either in a bad mood or drunk. don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, no actually, he was not always like this but I don't love him either i just.... let say i appreciate him, coz aside from his presence he has met all his responsibilities so am quite thankful really.

"K....K" my mom's frail voice broke my trance "K i cant take this it hurts very badly and i think am leaking" "mom," i wanted to tell her to just hold on a little longer that we are nearing the main gate but when i took a look at her, my breath got caught in my throat, i scanned the area and found a large rock and i escorted mom there so that she can sit she was wincing a little from the pain as she sat. then i took mom's phone and checked the uber app wondering why the damn cab was not here yet then i found out that mom did not have enough internet bundles so the cab was not even ordered. Just great i blinked back the tears that were starting to form coz of the despair.

I lied to my mom that the cab was at the main gate, and silently prayed to God for a miracle as i walked the path to the main gate since i wanted to 'guide the cab to us' i didn't want her to worry. the heavens answered me immediately and i let out a sigh of relief as i saw a cab leave one of our neighbour's gates and called to it and we picked up mom and we were on the way to the hospital.

The ride was silent, and i noticed that mom was crying. i held her hand in mine and it was cold i am assuming coz of the blood loss. she gently squeezed my hand not to assure me no... she was looking for it in me. i tried calling dad again but it went straight to voice mail i looked out the window and the city was quiet save for the cars along the road.

"mom... why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant? " "K am sorry i wanted it to be a surprise for all of you..." " how old was it?" i could tell that it was draining her to talk but i did not want her to like pass out on me ... " 2 months.." she said trailing of "did dad know?" my voice came out as if it was breaking mom gave out a week sigh then said yes.

Authors note;

hello y'all , just wanted to say that am so thankful y'all gave my story a chance love you 'flying kiss' also like am new to this writing shit so pls comment to help me better my writing also this shit is as raw as they come (just code for not edited ) pardon the spelling mistakes