CHAPTER 6

Katelyn's pov

As we made our way to the farm where my grandmother stayed, i could not help but smile as the cool breeze hit my face. the green serene surrounding did a lot to distract me from the noise of my brother's video game. we were the only once going to grandmother's place since mom and dad had work to do back at home normally we come as the entire family but the last two years it has just been me and my brother. i am not sure how grandmother takes this since dad is her only son. but he stopped visiting once grandpa died two years ago from pneumonia.

no one said a word from the airport when the chauffer came to pic us up, and i appreciated the silence. incase you are wondering my brother does study in a boarding school as well, as far as it goes i think he likes it but he did start distancing himself a bit probably because he is already used to being left to his own devices... literally, but whenever i can i always show him that i care.

i suggested that he be taken to a boarding school. i was sure i could not be there for him when i went to school and my parents have a lot of issues and i did not want him to see it and the fact that mom and dad agreed , means that they are also aware that they have a problem, no actually make that problems. i only do what i think is best for him, i hope he gets to know that when he grows up, and that he knows that i love him a lot. i turned to look at him, he was still so engrossed in the game, i took his hand in mine and gave it a little squeeze and he responded with a small smile .

we  drove slowly into the drive way and as we drew closer i saw grandma standing at the entrance of the main door she was in a blue jacket and matching blue pants, her hair tied up at the back of her head is as black as ever i swear this woman does not age. she was wearing a small smile on her face as she stood well poised like the lady she is.

grandma has always been very nice too nice actually, she usually calls me once every few weeks just to check up on me and its just because she misses me and that really makes me feel i don't know something, you know i can not really describe it but it is there, and i noticed its the same feeling i get when Darleen texts me too...but we will talk about her later. we got off the car and ran towards grandma. 

"hello, my lovelies slow down don't fall i am not going any where," she said with a smile plastered on her face, i guess having us around does make her smile since she is usually couped up in this mansion all by her self." we just missed you grandma, so much" my brother said." well come on in what are you waiting for i have made all your favorites.." "ooh, come on grandma that is what everyone says," i said with a small smile happy with the inviting smell of freshly  baked blueberry muffins..""

your right K that is what everybody says, to be honest i just made your favorite.." " why though what do you want from me." "ooh come on K must i want something from you when i make your favorites.." " no not exactly but this time you do don't you.." "wow , you know me better than i know my self , do tell me what gave me away," i laughed a bit with her comment trying her best to sound like a menacing villan but failing terribly, "well nothing really, you just admitted to it i had absolutely no idea, but grandma you  also can not lie" we both laughed at that comment as we went inside the house.

author's note

hello ya'll bro turns out writing a book is hard af, so i hit my first author's block and i am slowly getting the gist of how this will be going for all my readers please bear with me. secondly guys pls spell villan for med in the comments i have tried diff versions and its still wrong help... like i am being fck serious, lastly i would like to thank you guyz for your support and also notify yall that i am no longer a freshman as of today, wish me luck lo you all.