chapter 2

katelyn's pov

As we approached the hospital i heaved a sigh of relief, by this time mom was already on her last ounce of strength. the cab driver was very friendly and helped take my mom to the emergency room. As the nurses tended to her i was asked to go to the registrations desk to register her.

there i met a very stern looking lady, she had her glasses low on the bridge of her nose, blonde hair tied very tightly in a bun at the top of her head, very neatly pressed clothes and fair skin she was staring at something on her phone with pouted lips, not the cute one the one that gives 'i am disgusted'. this look gave me resting bitch face and totally mean vibes but like i don't want to judge.

like she sensed my stare, she looked up with the same look plastered on her face, "name" she asked "um.... mine or the patients" she looked at me slightly agitated gave a loud sigh and mumbling something like 'i don't get paid enough for this' " the patient's" "Maryanne Anderson," "age" "36 yrs" "where does she stay " "Membly" "nearest landmark" "Membly police station" "who can we contact incase of any emergency" "that would be her spouse Ben Anderson" "who are you to the patient" "i am her daughter mam" "how old are you " " i'm 16 yrs old."

To be honest she did not seem all that surprised by how young i was. so at the back of my head i was like, 'maybe she is used to seeing other children bring their parents to the hospital at that hour,' so it gave me comfort that i was also a statistic like am not the only one with a shitty life.

"You will have to pay 1500/= for the first aid that she is being given at the moment." "wait are they not going to treat her or something?" "i'm afraid that your mom can not keep the child, so she has to undergo a minor surgery to remove the remaining part of the baby, she bleed too much. " "so i have to look for another facility to take her to for the procedure ..." "yes , we do not offer the service here am very sorry... but you better do it quickly also coz your mom has lost a lot of blood" "ok thanks..." i said almost in a whisper, she gave me a sympathetic smile then i proceeded to the cash office to pay silently hoping mom had enough cash since i forgot her medical insurance card.

she had a total of 5000/= in her phone so i paid the bill then one of the hospital staff then aided me to order an uber since the only ambulance they had taken another patient to another facility. this hospital was not that big so i could understand the inadequate infrastructure. as i was waiting for mom to come out i took the opportunity to call my phone. "hello?" i heard my brother's voice at the end of the line and my breath caught in my throat," hi frank," i said hoping my voice was sounding confident, frank was 11 yrs old and i do my best to hide the cracks of our family from him.

"hi K how is mom doing?" i could hear the concern in his voice and it was weakening my resolve, "oh, she is fine now she just had terrible stomach cramps but she is waiting to be treated it might take a while so just go to sleep alright," i could hear him breath a sigh of relief, then "is dad there with you guys?" "mmhh... he is talking to mom at the moment don't worry just lock every door will you, and switch off the light and go to sleep okay," "but i want to wait for you guys" "please be a good kid and do just as i say," "ooh ok fine ... goodnight K i love you" "good night chipmunk i love you too."

the cab arrived and we went to the next hospital which was like an hour away from the one we went to earlier once we arrived mom was registered immediately, as i handed the nurse some medical papers i got from the previous hospital documents that i got from the previous hospital. mom was then taken to the operating room at around midnight, that is when i took my seat and waited anxiously for her to come out.

author's note:

hello y'all i know, i know the hospital scene is long., but...buuut... this will play a significant role in the formation of the personality of the female lead, i was considering doing it in flash backs but i want you to feel when the female lead is feeling so it was for this reason that i decided to teel you her whole story from the start. lots of love.