Antidepressants & Text Messages (SFTEG Assassin AU Joymar)

(This took a whole weekkkkk- ;-;) 

(TW: Depression & Drug Use, DO NOT READ if you're are not comfortable with topics listed)

----------------------------------------------------

Dromar's phone blared at his ear again to signal the rising morning. The dragonkin sighed as he lazily smacked his phone to turn off his morning alarm. He rubbed his eyes as he headed for his room's bathroom and proceeded to do his morning routine. He wrapped his scarf around his neck and stepped out of his room. By then, he was already fully dressed in his assassin uniform. He heads towards where Luke, the assassin team's medic and semi-caretaker, prepares breakfast for the group. It was also where the medicine cabinet was.

Once he arrived, Luke had the food out for everyone already. The medic looks up and smiles towards Dromar, "Heya there, kiddo! Why don't you sit down and eat? Let me guess, after your antidepressants?"

"After my antidepressants." The assassin exhaled as he walked towards the medicine cabinet and grabbed his medication. He shakes a pill onto his hand and dry-swallows it before putting the antidepressants back and closing the cabinet. Luke watches and sighs. The poor dragonkin's mental state is horrendous, and he doesn't know why.

Shortly after Dromar took his medicine, another individual walked in. Of course, it was none other than the assassin group's leader, Cali. She gives a nod as her way of greeting the two males and smiles. Luke waves while Dromar gives a nod back.

Cali was one of the few people Dromar respected that wasn't his family. She was a good leader, always keeping everyone on task and comfortable. She also gave excellent lessons and words to the other members to help or teach them. Dromar admired that, even if he didn't show it. Fearless in mind, caring at heart.

"Any reports or news, Luke?" Cali asks as she steps closer to the two.

"None important, ma'am." The medic responds, "Just more news on the Harpy Trio."

"Of course the Harpy Trio..." The leader chuckles, "Been the talk of the city for ten months now..."

"They're going on a streak, honestly! They haven't failed for two years now!" He laughs.

"Oh their first slip-up will come soon. They may be strong, but they aren't invincible."

The two laugh as Dromar watches from behind, silently eating his breakfast. Later on, a figure comes out of his shadow. She lowers her mask and smiles, "Hello there, friend. How are you?"

"Unwell." The dragonkin bluntly scoffs.

Nozomi chuckles, "As expected. Still on antidepressants?"

"What else do you expect from me, Kagayaku?" He hisses slightly.

"Nothing more, nothing less. I just find your bluntness amusing, that's all."

"You are strange, and I despise it."

"Pfff, alright, alright. I'll shut up if that's what you desire."

"Please do. I'm not in the mood to stand for your tomfoolery."

"Alright, then I'll see you when we team again." Nozomi snickers before taking a snack for the road and walks away. Dromar watches with his lifeless expression before returning to his breakfast.

He didn't always hate Nozomi. He just loathes her whenever they aren't doing their assassin duties. Well, everyone was alright with her when casual, except him. When she was in her assassin mindset, she was reliable and trustworthy. In summary, she gets the job done quickly and efficiently. That's what Dromar appreciated about The Shadow Assassin. Plus, she was Luke's daughter, adopted daughter. He respected the medic, along with Nozomi. Just slightly less, of course.