Chapter 6

I am looking at my husband, who a few minutes ago was a sweet talker but now there is a darkness in his eyes...
His eyes are black but the darkness which they have now makes him look so different yet too hot to handle.

Hassan is a mix of his Indian mom and his Arabian dad. His eyes are black and so are his hair.

His hands are touching me underneath his hoodie, "you have no idea for how long I have waited for you to be this close to me." He is now licking my neck while his hand is freely touching my bare breast.

I can't speak when he is so close to me but I still try. The only thing I am capable of doing is running my fingers in his soft dark hair. "You fantasized about your student?" I ask with a shaky breath.

He leaves my neck, looking in my eyes and a smirk appears on his face. He holds the hem of the hoodie from both sides removing it from my body.
"Only if you knew. And look at you being so wet for me. I can feel your wetness on my sweatpants." He whispers in a very different tone which leaves me limping.

I want to process it, I want to understand what he is saying but every word crumbles into invisible particles of air as his tongue touches my nipples.
His one hand is resting on my back while the other is busy with my second breast.

Warm liquid is flowing through my vagina making me all wet down there. Wait this is not–

"Ha... ssan... I think I am... Having periods." I say making him pause. Leaving my breast he looks at me slowly then he looks down on his lap where I am sitting.
"So you mean if you get up now, my sweatpants will be wet from your blood and not your–"
"Yes," I say immediately because this is such an embarrassing situation.

He throws his head back and groans faintly. I can feel his hardness as I am literally sitting on it and I do feel bad but let's face it.

"Also I don't have any pads... And I have a heavy flow." I tell him looking down in pure embarrassment.

"Hey hey," cupping my face and his gaze turns soft. "It's fine Ayat, we need to get you pads first." He says. Picking up his phone to look at the time which shows 2 am. "This is bad," I whisper. He makes me wear his hoodie back.

"It sucks being a commoner." He speaks in a much lower voice than mine but since we are so close I hear it.
"Huh?" What does he mean by this?

"Nothing," He says as he carefully makes me sit on the bed. He gets up and says his grey lower has red stains.

"I'll go and check real quick for some pads or what you say... Tampaaa?–"
"Tampons," I say.
"Yeah... Don't worry I'll get it for you... You need something else?"
"Nope. Just please come soon... Or this bed will look like a murder spot." I sigh and he laughs.

"We can change it nothing to worry about." He casually says while picking up his car keys from the side table when my phone rings.

"Why is this asshole calling right now?" He asks making me peak.
"Kabeer?" Confusion is all over my mind when Hassan picks up the phone, and before he can say something Kabeer's voice reaches us making us both look at each other with more confusion.

"Ayat we need to come to your house right now. I will say sorry for ruining your wedding night some other day... But I need your help." His voice was monotonous, emotionless but calm in a disturbing way.

"What... What happened Kabeer is everything all right?" I ask carefully. As far as I have come to know him I know that he doesn't ask for help unless and until he doesn't has any other option. And this man here on the phone has multiple options for one single problem.

"Yeah, it's just that my mother stabbed Fatima." I gasped audibly and Hassan's was in deep shock himself as his eyes widened hearing this news.

"And now I can't take her to hospital...I am close to Hassan's house... I don't have much time I need to–" He is not complete with his words when I interrupt, "Please come fast... How are you bringing her hear?"

We can hear a few low voices of him asking Fatima not to close her eyes.
"We are downstairs in my car." He says.
"I am coming," Hassan says and he runs towards the exit with a blanket in his hand.

"Kabeer is she bleeding too much?" I ask in panic as I go downstairs to open my suitcase.

"She will... If I remove my hand from–" I hear voices of Hassan and Kabeer in the background, so I hang up and change my panties although it won't help with anything I still do and wear two more then finally wear one of my loose trousers.

Two minutes later Kabeer enters the main door with Fatima's body covered in a blanket.
This area is guarded by police so if Kabeer can't take her to the hospital he definitely can't let her be in the gaze of any police officer.

I rush towards her and hold her from the other side and take her to the guest room. Since she is so religious and cares about her parda I know that she wouldn't like Hassan to see any part of her body. And to dress her wounds we would need to take some of her clothes off.

Kabeer removes the blanket as we make her lay on the bed. Her black Abaya starts getting more wet with blood as Kabeer removes his hand from her abdomen. Her face turns pale.

While Kabeer tears her clothes from her abdominal area I run to get my phone. I don't know where the first aid kit is, I am still new to this house, but before I can go upstairs to get my phone Hassan enters with a bag in his hand.

"Where is the first aid kit?" I literally shout but he holds me carefully, "Calm down, nothing is going to happen to her, don't panic he said the wound is not that deep." He says, "Here you go." He hands me a pad.

"Kabeer said that Fatima always keeps one for any kind of emergency." He tells me as I take the pad and tears start flowing from my eyes.

"She'll be fine Ayat... I don't think it would be right for me to go inside....that's why wear this pad and be strong... Nothing will happen to her." I don't listen to anything else and rush towards the bathroom in another guest room.

When I come back Hassan is sitting on the sofa with the first aid kit in his hand. He gets up, handing me the kit and I run towards the room where Fatima is.

"Is she–" I can't speak another word when I see her lying on the bed. Kabeer has already cleaned the blood from her stomach and he is pressing the towel on the injured area.

"Keep the kit... And go out... It's better that you don't see it." He says in the same calm voice as if nothing is wrong with his wife. Ignoring his calmness I do what he says.

When I come out Hassan is talking to someone but hangs up seeing me.
"Come here." Stretching his arms he says. And I listened to him, I moved towards him and hug him.

"She'll be fine...Inshallah" He says but I am crying anyway. Among all of us, Fatima deserves none of these. I don't know why Kabeer doesn't understand her importance...

Approximately fifteen minutes later he comes out of the room.
He was looking clean as if nothing happened.
"She is fine now." He says. Again this stupid calm tone of his.
"Will you fuckin' explain what happened to my girl?" I ask, I am so done with his shit.