Angels I'm Tired

The light from the window shone on my face. I had fallen asleep in the chair Husk sat in.

I didn't have a hangover, but my joints ached from the uncomfortable position I had slept in.

I stood up and stretched. I heard pops from my joints with each pull and twist. It was worth it though, I slept well for once, feeling well rested and awake.

My phone was full of texts from Valentino, just the missing you texts and several insults, but none telling me of any upcoming shoots. I took that as a blessing and got changed before heading into the foyer.

Surprisingly I was the first one out there, except for Niffty of course. I didn't even know if she ever slept.

"Hiya, Nift," I greeted her while walking towards the sofa she was running around.

She grinned her toothy grin and greeted me and continued a bug chase around the couch. I sat down and pulled out my phone, scrolling aimlessly through the seemingly endless texts

The next to appear was Vaggie, who appeared shocked that I was the only one out.

"Morning, Angel," she said, making her way to the kitchen, "You wanna help me with breakfast?"

I didn't even know she cooked.

"Sure thing, better than sitting around on this stupid device," I said, chucking my phone on the couch.

I waltzed over to the kitchen where Vaggie had already assembled what was needed.

"You make this for everyone? Or are you just really hungry," I asked, staring at the large pile of food.

"It's for everyone. You would know if you actually woke up before noon," she rolled her eyes.

"Oh. No one ever told me."

She didn't say anything, no prodding, no nit-picking. She seemed almost regretful.

"Well, now that you know, maybe you could try and wake up earlier? I know you work late but having breakfast together is actually really nice," she stated while smiling to herself.

I shrugged.

I helped her prepare the breakfast and by the time we finished, Sir Pentious and Charlie had appeared as well. They helped us set the table. Only Husk was left.

"Could you go knock on his door, Angel? He's kind of... hard to wake up..." Charlie asked, chuckling nervously.

"He won't die from skipping a meal! It's his loss," I retorted, but the pleading eyes Charlie looked at me with convinced me.

I groaned and dragged my feet over to Husk's door. I paused for a moment, before knocking very loudly. I was anticipating a yell back, but there was nothing. I knocked again, waited, but no answer.

I sighed and decided to just go in. I swung the door open to find Husk curled up on his bed asleep, sort of like a cat. I laughed to myself before walking over and yelling, "Wake up, babycakes! Breakfast time!"

He jumped and looked around, startled. When he saw it was me, his gaze softened.

"Shit... you could've just knocked," he said, holding a paw to his dead heart.

"I did. Like six times! Charlie said you'd be hard to wake up, I thought she meant kicking an' screamin'! Not that you're just a heavy sleeper," I laughed.

"Normally, I am. If it wasn't you, I probably woulda hit the shit out of you."

"So I'm special then?" I teased.

He just grumbled and got up. He had slept in the same clothes I last saw him in.

I followed him out of his room in to the dining hall where everyone was already waiting.

We sat down, and I felt this hunger that I never usually felt. Usually, food was the last thing on my mind, but after putting hard work into making this meal, it felt wrong to let it go to waste.

It was good food, I think everyone at the table enjoyed it. Vaggie even thanked me for helping her. I hid my sincere smile with an overly cocky one, boasting about how sex wasn't the only thing I was good at.

Once we finished, we cleared the table and gathered