Newt: Wiped

Y/n POV:

I was on my way to the medical lab in W.C.K.D. We just got new people in from one of the mazes and I had to give them their shots that they couldn't get while in the Maze. I was on of the main doctors even though I was only 17. I turn the corner to almost run into Janson. 

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry Janson." I said while stepping back. "Don't worry about it. We both ran into each other." He gave me a half smile. I smiled back. "I was actually just looking for you." Janson said as we both started to walk to the medical lab. "Yes, Janson. I know I have new patients to give shots too." "Um, actually, I wanted to talk to you about the patients." Janson sounded a little nervous for some reason. "How can I talk to you about the patients if I haven't even seen them yet." I said it in a joking matter and not a question. "Y/n, maybe you should take the day off. Go do something for yourself." I stop in front of the door and turn to look at him. "Um, no thank you. I have a patient to deal with. Why do you want me to take a day off? You never want me to take a day off, especially when new people come in." I put my hands on my hips. He doesn't answer so I turn and open the doors to walk in. I automatically stop.

What? No, no. I look back at Janson. He gave me a sympathetic look, knowing what was happening. I turn back to look at the people in the room. They were all in different sections. Testing had already started on some of them. It was like I was rooted to the ground. There in front of me was my old friends. Thomas, Minho, Fry, Teresa, Winston and........Newt.

"Do you want me to get someone else to do the testing today?" I didn't realize Janson was next to me so I kinda jumped. "N-no. I can do it." I walk over to my stand to see Newt sitting there. The one person who I was hurt the most by when they all left. I take a deep breath and put a smile on my face.

"Hello, Mr. Newton." I said trying to hide the pain in my voice. Luckily he didn't seem to hear it. "Please don't call me that." Newt sounded very stern. I could tell he definitely did not like that name but I couldn't call him anything else. "Sorry." I go over and get the needles I need. "Mr. Newton, could you please roll your sleeve up for me?" He looked annoyed that I called him Mr. Newton but he did what I asked. I was about to put in the needle when Newt said, "What is that for?" I look at him. His dirty blond hair was messy and his soft eyes were bearing into my soul. "These are just all the shots that you missed when you were in the Maze." Newt nodded his head. I continue doing my job, trying not to look at him. I finished what I had to do. "Okay, Ne- Mr. Newton." Wow, I barely caught myself, "I gave you all the shots you needed and all the tests I needed so if you could follow me to the cafeteria." Newt gets up and follows me.

We walk through the open doors and start making our way to the cafeteria when Newt suddenly speaks. "You almost called me Newt, didn't you?" I didn't answer so he asks again. "Did you almost call me Newt?" I still didn't answer him. Then I felt two arms grab me and push me into the wall. I was shocked by what just happened. I was looking right into Newt's eyes. He looked angry. "Did you almost call me Newt?" He hissed at me. "Y-yes. I did alright. How could I call you Mr. Newton when I knew you my whole life?" 

The anger left his eyes being replaced by shock. "W-what?" "We knew each other before your memory was wiped and you were put in the Maze. I actually knew all of you. Thomas, Minho, Winston, Fry, Teresa and even Alby and Gally. I knew all of you but then they took you away from me to put you guys in the Maze. I asked them to put me in the Maze with you all but they wouldn't. They said that I was important and they couldn't risk losing me in the Maze. I wanted to be with you so bad, Newt." I didn't realize I was whispering. I couldn't look up at his eyes. I didn't know what his reaction would be. 

"I am so sorry that this happened to you and I am so sorry I can't remember you." Newt whispered back to me.

Then there was a soft padding noise. Newt and I both turn our heads to see guards come around the corner. "Step away for her." Newt let go of me and moved away. The guards went over to Newt. That is when I saw Janson come around the corner to me. "Are you okay?" He asked me. All I could do was nod my head. "This way. Come on. Move it." The guard was talking to Newt. He went unwillingly. Before Newt turned the corner, he looked at me. Our eyes connected and then he was gone.

I stood there for a minute just thinking of what he said. 'I am so sorry I can't remember you.' Now I know for sure that I was wiped from Newt's memory.......

I enjoyed writing this one. I hope you all like it!

Have a great day! Love ya all!